Tour de Yorkshire 2016 - Where you watching from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
ITV4 have stuck on football from the 1970s. Old film of male footballers seems a strange substitute for live women's cycling!
Yebbut now it's The Big F*** Off! :eek:

(***=ish)

Looks as if they've scrapped the whole of the coverage :angry:
Capture.JPG

Very much not pleasing

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Bet Asda will not be best pleased. £50k of sponsorship and no TV coverage.

Lets just hope it doesn't have a detrimental effect on future sponsorship/races.

Pontefract, with Rebecca, one of my (running) club buddies, who also rode down

Sorry for slight blurriness

Hell of a split in the field, at this stage

Stage 2. W. 3.JPG Stage 2. W. 5.JPG Stage 2. W. 7.JPG Stage 2. W. 13.JPG

The Bear

Über Member
Major disappointment. I've no idea what their protocols are, but surely they could have got another plane off the ground - I guess not.
Not good for ASDA..... not good for Women's cycling.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
You didn't visit the Ice-Cream shop, did you?
What was the special flavour, if you did, I like the Turkish Delight, & the Chocolate Orange

When I saw the name, I thought you might be the (ex?) Bradford Olympic CX rider, who was also called by that name (real name; Jough Watson)

I wish I was that good but alas I am a slow fat man!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
According to the ITV Twitter feed there is a replacement plane on the way that will arrive in time for the mens race and they intend to show "whatever we can get" from the womens race during coverage of the mens race from 2.15pm.
Major disappointment for all involved and I'm sure questions will be asked, but if the plane has to land, it has to land...

Some quickly edited / uploaded photos from Station Road, Scholes here:
P1370786a.jpg
P1370792a.jpg
P1370805a.jpg
P1370789a.jpg
P1370793a.jpg

Some more at my Flick feed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8964340@N05/albums/72157667166703190
No time to sort any more now as I'm going back out for the mens race in a little while, but I'll get the rest (plus the mens race) uploaded as and when.

Last edited:
It's alright Joffey, many people used to confuse me with the other Richard T, who was a (junior, then Senior) member of the GB Cyclo-Cross team

It was even worse at MTB races, in the early 90's, as I rode a Pace Research RC100, & he rode for the factory
I did get to know him & still see him at fell-races, all round nice guy, as is his brother (Robert, who was also a GB CX rider)

Top Bottom