Tour de Yorkshire 2016 - Where you watching from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm going to have a drive to Ripley today, not far from my static caravan in Bedale.

I've also just remotely instructed my Sky box in the house to record the highlights.

Clever stuff - for me anyway.
What could possibly go wrong ? :whistle: :giggle: - though I hope it goes well for you and your viewing ! :thumbsup:

Mrs Scoosh and PhD-student daughter are going somewhere tomorrow to view both the ladies' and the men's ... though no idea where - might depend on transport.

400bhp

Guru
Same here.

My cousin is driving down from Scotland today and said he wants to rest his legs tomorrow before the TdY sportive on Sunday so we will go and watch the race pass by and that climb sounds like the most interesting spot to do it from.

I got him to drive us round some of my hilly local cycle routes when we drove back from Leeds last year and he was very impressed. He even contemplated moving down here.

We will hang about in Scarborough on Sunday after we finish our ride. I'm sure there will be at least one big screen for spectators to use to watch the race's approach.

Where's Rigton/Rigton Bank Colin? Am just toying with the idea of watching the women's, then doing a bike ride, back in time for the blokes.

Edit, just figured it out.:smile:

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
Up to Knaresborough high street this afternoon. I work alternate Friday afternoons so I'm lucky it is the right week.
Cycle to Otley tomorrow to watch the start - never seen a start.
Possibly Cycle to Thirsk on Sunday if the weather is ok.

... and that climb sounds like the most interesting spot to do it from.
Keep an eye out for the Tourmaker who keeps slipping round the back of the Scout Hut for an illicit cigarette - that'll probably be me :smile:. Grizzly short hair and beard, 5'10, early 60s. Can't be missed ........ hmm.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A few pics from a cold, wet, and windy Ripley.

Probably around 200 spectators in the village, although no more than 20 or so on bikes.

The breakaway.

Tour:1.jpg

The peloton.

Tour.2.jpg

Tour.3.jpg

Tour.4.jpg

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I had early finish today and got home just gone 3:00 so watched from home. Going up to Donny tomorrow and if granddaughters are alright with it, we'll try to get into town to see some of the race.

gk09

Hoping to go and watch stage 3 somewhere between Helmsley and Hutton le Hole on Sunday.

Anyone know of any good spots around that neck of the woods? Will be driving so need somewhere to park up too.

busdennis

Veteran
in the garage this afternoon on the turbo has the planed ride to Beverley was abandoned due to artic conditions (would have been an 80 mile + round trip)
Sunday on Blakey bank then a charge back to Scarborough sea front for the finish which I would highly recommend, last year was amazing watching them come round the headland and with the large screen you can watch all the action, just need good weather

Top Bottom