Tour de Yorkshire revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Is it just me, or is Stage 3 a bit ... odd ... in that they seem to be doing the best known climbs the wrong way round, i.e. downhill?

Venod

Eh up
If anybody has GPX files of the stages or links to them. could they please post them in this thread.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is it just me, or is Stage 3 a bit ... odd ... in that they seem to be doing the best known climbs the wrong way round, i.e. downhill?
I don't think any of them will trouble the riders much, whichever way they tackle them!

Ooh, I just noticed that stage 3 is passing through Hebden Bridge on the way over to Haworth. Having spectacularly failed to see the TdF peloton pass through the town last July (!!!), I will make an effort to get organised this time and make sure that I get a decent vantage point for this race ... :thumbsup:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Got quite excited then until I realised their £3.99 monthly stream is only accessible if you sign up for at least a year :-(
£3.99 p/m isn't bad for all the cycling they show throughout the year. Plus you get snooker, show jumping, erm... :rolleyes:

I've tweeted ITV to ask if they'll be showing any of the TdY too.

£3.99 p/m isn't bad for all the cycling they show throughout the year.

I agree it's decent value for money if you watch sport generally, but I have no time to watch TV at all except when making a special effort for things like this, football world cup etc, so for me it'd be 11month subscription down the loo. Keep us posted on the ITV response please - you'd like to think they'd at least show extended highlights in their Yorkshire region. Cheers.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I know what you mean winjim, but they are doubtless considering the delicate sensibilities of those who use a "bidon" and pepper their conversations with "chapeau" at the drop of a hat.

As it's Yorkshire they could say 'thermos' instead of bidon and 'flat cap' instead of chapeau.

What do you think of that? Flat cap!

+1 for thermos.

And butties.

I'm amazed some of those french obsessed poncy yclists don't jump to french when telling their mates they are going to stop for a quick leak.

Anyone with something better than my o level french care to tell me what the approved phrase would be?

OK. For us elderly spectator types who really enjoyed being in Yorkshire for the Tour de France and want to make a long weekend of it - possibly with the Bianchis in the boot - where is recommended for a bit of two-wheeled spectating. Slight preference for the coast. All advice and info appreciated. Thanks.

SpaCyclist

OK. For us elderly spectator types who really enjoyed being in Yorkshire for the Tour de France and want to make a long weekend of it - possibly with the Bianchis in the boot - where is recommended for a bit of two-wheeled spectating. Slight preference for the coast. All advice and info appreciated. Thanks.

I can only watch the first day as I will be working over the weekend. Looking at the route and local maps, I am thinking about parking somewhere like Scalby, cycling over to Dalby Forest to watch the climb there, then cycling to somewhere near Scarborough as close as practical to the finish. After the race is finished, a short ride back to the car, and drive home.

I have just realised why proper events will never happen in the UK; "fans" are more interested in finding out where they can stay and ride to events with a café stop on the way rather than finding out where the best píss up is taking place.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The Otley Chevin climb on the Sunday should be a fine vantage point. It is nearly 1 mile long, almost a straight road and averages about 10%.

Top Bottom