Tour of Britain 2023 *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Perhaps they could make up for the lack of big mountains by introducing some It's A Knock Out elements, the greasy slope and the like. And if the commentator says "the elastic has snapped" then maybe it will be literally true.

Reactions: mjr

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Perhaps they could make up for the lack of big mountains by introducing some It's A Knock Out elements, the greasy slope and the like. And if the commentator says "the elastic has snapped" then maybe it will be literally true.

Stuart Hall is persona non grata now...

...do you know of any other clown available for commentator role?
sorry, @Adam4868 :whistle:

The comms are discussing rubbish bin colours FFS
What a dross race.
If they can't stage a decent race because of outside problems then don't bother.
A 4 day race in hillier country might be enough rather than this 8 day snoozefest IMHO

I disagree. As do the thousands of people coming to see the race.

We've definitely had talk of recycling bins in the Grand Tours so it's not that unusual.

I'm quite jealous of the purple Wheely bins in Liverpool.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Liverpool have these big communal bins on most terrace type streets which is a great idea, saves everyone dragging bins in and out, you ca forget to take your bins out, and the bin men can change rota's without farking the whole system up.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I disagree. As do the thousands of people coming to see the race.

We've definitely had talk of recycling bins in the Grand Tours so it's not that unusual.

Fair enough but how long will they persist if it's dull. Roadside viewers are possibly the next generation but mailny casual spectators, I would assume.
My son and I were saying this morning that we're not watching this year, apart from the last kms. And we watch virtually every race on GCN usually.
However, I take your point, so I'll leave it there!

LozM

Hi, newbie here, I enjoy watching tour of France each year and this year watched it with my 12 year old son who enjoyed it - a vintage year to start ! The start of stage 8 at Margham park is only 40 mins away and tempted to go with my son- what sort of experience is it - do you get to see any of the riders ? Are there any freebies at all ? Not sure if the start is a bit timid and don’t fancy the logistics of the drive to the finish and potential long wait to get a decent spot as will have to drag my young daughter along as well, any info greatly appreciated as never been to anything like this before, thanks, Lawrence

Top Bottom