Tour of Britain 2023 *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Takes something to make the German sprintfest tour look exciting. The organisers are defending it by referring to the last days route. It's not a one day race, well not yet

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have had the opportunity to watch each stage on TV this year… I’ve quickly realised I only need to watch the last 5k as each day is a copy/paste of the previous. Flat stage, 2/3 rider “breakaway”, peloton sits up and keeps together at 1-2’ behind, then reels them in and lines up by team to watch Olav take the sprint win. Did I miss anything?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
This must be in contention for the fullest national tour ever!! 4 stages all eon by the same sprinter must be a record!
The organisers must hold thier heads up in shame? No lakes, no peaks, no dales, no North York Moors no Snowdonia nothing dull, dull, dull!🤔😥🤔😥

there is always a clamour to take the tour of Britain to all parts of Britain, but as we know and is being proved this year, a big swathe of the country south and east of Birmingham - Nottingham isnt best suited to breaking up a modern peloton.

Even then the manchester stage could have hit the peaks or the Pennines but didnt, the wrexham stage went east instead of west to Llangollen / horseshoe pass etc and beyond.

even Stage 8 has played it dull by going down the coast a bit, when it could have gone up into the breacon beacons more.

Chislenko

Veteran
This must be in contention for the fullest national tour ever!! 4 stages all eon by the same sprinter must be a record!
The organisers must hold thier heads up in shame? No lakes, no peaks, no dales, no North York Moors no Snowdonia nothing dull, dull, dull!🤔😥🤔😥

Eryri!

We are lucky to get any Tour.
Without the big sponsors backing the whole thing they're reliant on local councils wanting it. So they have to go where they can.

They've been doing this for years so they know what to do.

I was told they wanted to use the road up the Horseshoe in Llangollen for a climb but council wouldn't allow it due to lack of resources.

They really need a generous sponsor to come on board.

Anyone got some millions knocking around?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Without the big sponsors backing the whole thing they're reliant on local councils wanting it. So they have to go where they can.
They sacrificed the wrong tour. Should have kept the more exciting, first-division women's race, instead of the third division men's race full of riders not doing the Vuelta.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru

They've been doing this for years so they know what to do.

I was told they wanted to use the road up the Horseshoe in Llangollen for a climb but council wouldn't allow it due to lack of resources.

They really need a generous sponsor to come on board.

Anyone got some millions knocking around?

View: https://twitter.com/JamesTalksSport/status/1699450263604543758?t=ReWRpZE5qibVNbJyX8Sfog&s=19

I enjoyed my day out in Ramsbottom...that's all that matters.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The comms are discussing rubbish bin colours FFS
What a dross race.
If they can't stage a decent race because of outside problems then don't bother.
A 4 day race in hillier country might be enough rather than this 8 day snoozefest IMHO

Top Bottom