Travel plans for the northern FNRttC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
Wrong thread! That's a return to the I love white.

Wight you are, Ape. Have a good Ryde:wacko:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
theclaud said:
Often you can get cheaper tickets by booking for a longer journey and travelling short.
Excellent tip - the £6.50 tickets seems to have disappeared (Manchester - York) already (Boo Hiss!!) but if I book onto the Liverpool - Scarborough (which handily calls at Manchester and York) I can get it for £10.50 as opposed to £21.60 if I just put the shorter details in.

Go figure!!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Excellent tip - the £6.50 tickets seems to have disappeared (Manchester - York) already (Boo Hiss!!) but if I book onto the Liverpool - Scarborough (which handily calls at Manchester and York) I can get it for £10.50 as opposed to £21.60 if I just put the shorter details in.

Go figure!!

Nuts, innit? Glad to be of service, Sharky B. I take my inspiration from The Man in Seat 61. If you're aiming for the absolute zenith of train nerdery, you can always download the entire national timetable and divide your journeys into all sorts of wild combinations to find the cheapest options. Don't ask me how I know this.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ah! The railway timetable.....I'm something of an expert on railway timetables......

longers

Legendary Member
Can bike spaces on trains be overbooked by the system?
Is it the York Rally on the same weekend?

I should get round to buying tickets if so. And will use the new learnt tips also.

Edit: I won't buy tickets yet - there may not be a place on the ride!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
longers said:
Can bike spaces on trains be overbooked by the system?
Is it the York Rally on the same weekend?

I should get round to buying tickets if so. And will use the new learnt tips also.

Edit: I won't buy tickets yet - there may not be a place on the ride!
Oooh, have I missed out on booking for this? Didn't realise I needed to (but now you've said it it makes lots of sense!). :biggrin:

Who do I need to see/contact about that? Mike_E seems to be doing a lot of legwork for this jaunt, but I gather that Dell is the Head Honcho on FNRttCs.... now I'm all concerned about whether I can actually use my tickets!! :tongue:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
longers said:
What time are you travelling Sharkybloke?
I think the train gets into York at about 10.30pm and I have a train from Cleethorpes which leaves at 7.15am or thereabouts.... hopefully these times will be suitable!

longers

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Oooh, have I missed out on booking for this? Didn't realise I needed to (but now you've said it it makes lots of sense!). :biggrin:

See Dellzeqq's thread - priority is given to experienced FNRTTCers and rightly so.
I don't know how many riders they're able to take but we're at the bottom of the list matey :tongue: I'm sure it'll be fine though. Hope so.

Top Bottom