Travel plans for the northern FNRttC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

mike e

I am sure there will be more than enough room for two fine fellows from Manc...:biggrin:

Sharky, your 07:15am out of Cleethorpes may be a little early, we will (all been well) be at Cleethorpes by then but you may miss out on the all important breakfast. Is your ticket booked for that train or can it be changed?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
longers said:
See Dellzeqq's thread - priority is given to experienced FNRTTCers and rightly so.
I don't know how many riders they're able to take but we're at the bottom of the list matey :tongue: I'm sure it'll be fine though. Hope so.

me too :biggrin:

*crosses fingers*

longers

Legendary Member
I don't want to clutter the official thread up but I didn't read it as being elitist in any way, it sounds a fair way to do it. So there :wacko:

edit: sorry if post number 71 kicked it all off!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if somebody's sported the cash for a ticket that's fair enough..........I think I see an e-mail from you SB - get back to you in a bit. The point Mike makes about the 7.15 is a good one, though. My target arrival time is 7.30. If it looks like you're going to miss your train then it might be clever to aim for Grimsby station. We can talk about it on the night if you like.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
dellzeqq said:
if somebody's sported the cash for a ticket that's fair enough..........I think I see an e-mail from you SB - get back to you in a bit. The point Mike makes about the 7.15 is a good one, though. My target arrival time is 7.30. If it looks like you're going to miss your train then it might be clever to aim for Grimsby station. We can talk about it on the night if you like.
Lol - I'm not doing very well at the moment... might not be able to do the ride, and if I can then might miss the breakfast!! :thumbsup::smile:

I don't think it's transferrable, but some acting ignorant and dim (should be easy for someone of my talent for such things!) might get me home on a different train (hopefully with the bike too!) if needs be.

Dell, yes the email is from me for one of your fine brochures to whet my appetite further. :laugh:

mike e said:
why not prolong the enjoyment / agony of your stay oop north and ride 35 miles back across the Humber Bridge and enjoy a personal guided tour of the mighty city of Hull by yours truly before catching a train home in the afternoon. Approx 3 trains an hour Hull to London (most change Doncaster as well) single fares from £10.00 to £18.70...
15:06 Hull-Stevenage plus bike £10. Back home in time for tea.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
An FNRTTC on my doorstep, but not likely to be invited, so will wave a hanky from my bedroom window as you all pass.....(sniff)

clivedb

Guru
ComedyPilot said:
An FNRTTC on my doorstep, but not likely to be invited, so will wave a hanky from my bedroom window as you all pass.....(sniff)

No, no, it's certainly not by invitation - that would be to get the whole friendly, open, participatory intent upside down. If you want to join in, you will be more than welcome. The only restriction is on numbers, just to keep the peleton manageable and ensure the cafes can cope. Just email Dellzeqq aka Simon Legg on fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk

Read all about it here:
http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/

redjedi

Über Member
ComedyPilot said:

If you're waiting for an invite, you'll be waiting a long time :smile:

Get an email off to Dellzeqq (as mentioned by Clive) and get your name on the list.

The ride is very unlikely to be full of regulars (btw we're not elite cyclists) and the whole point of having a FNR in a different part of the country is to open it up to people who wouldn't normally be able to make the southern rides.

Top Bottom