Travel plans for the northern FNRttC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
If there is a recce in two weeks give us a shout. I was thinking perhaps we could put a bit of info about cycle friendly pubs if people arrive there a bit early on the friday night.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
there is a recce in two weeks time. Meet at the Minster at about 11.15. Bring drinks and grub - we may not see anything open until we're over the bridge.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Nonsense, there may be nothing open between York and Orchard Park but there is plenty of road kill in that bit of the world :biggrin:. Great, will do, Minster south side, got you.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
iLB said:
a recce you say...
indeedy. Just wait until you see what Mikee has planned for crossing the Humber. Essex girls...pah!

(you soooo had to be there.....)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
More than 200 incidents of people jumping or falling from the bridge have taken place since it was opened in 1981 with only five surviving

TimO

Guru
Aperitif said:
Quick plug for 'Happy Birthday Tim O' - today! No point putting it in café.
He's lost in space... ;)

Oi, I resemble that remark. :ohmy:

Actually, I just realised that I need to look into travel for this trip, and it looks like it's either going to be a close thing timewise, or expensive. :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
I'm thinking of driving from Hull to York.

Do the ride.

Then train back from Cleethorpes to York, and drive home.

If anyone else is going from Hull I can take another two bikes on the carrier.

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just been shopping for my ticket. Anytime Day Single from Cleethorpes to Scarborough ('change' at York ;)) is £14.30- the Anytime Single is £39 (!). So I went for that...if we're a bit late into Cleethorpes etc, no problem. Get a single from Cleethorpes to York and it's £26.50.....

Shaun

Founder
Is it best to pre-book a ticket from Cleethorpes to York?

The last time I took a bike on a train (many moons ago) it went in the guards carriage. What's the procedure these days?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Admin said:
Is it best to pre-book a ticket from Cleethorpes to York?

The last time I took a bike on a train (many moons ago) it went in the guards carriage. What's the procedure these days?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Just checked the Transpennine Express web site, they say they have two bike spaces on most trains (!). It recommends reservations, unsurprisingly. On most of the southern runs, there are rather more bikes on the trains back to the smoke without any problems. Last time, there were six of us on my train from Southend, no problems with staff at any point. I'll probably be on one or other of my folders so that should free up a bit more room..

MSeries

TPE usually do not check bike reservations and I have been on board with two other cyclists before.

I shall probably ride back to Leeds or maybe York if I am camping at the Cycle Show. Or perhaps ride to Brough and train from there.

Shaun

Founder
I suppose the other option is to get a Train to York, then cycle back home from Cleethorpes. :biggrin:

Top Bottom