Travel plans for the northern FNRttC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
hulver said:
On the return journey from Cleethorpes to York, is anybody else planning on cycling it?

A nice big breakfast and a rest, setting off at 9, should be back for 3/4ish.

I'm planning on cycling back to Hull (t'other side of the 'umber Bridge) and I think Craigwend is too. Not sure about any others though?

Also, where would be a good place to park a Volvo estate in York on the Friday night so that it's not clamped on the return on Saturday?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Admin said:
I'm planning on cycling back to Hull (t'other side of the 'umber Bridge) and I think Craigwend is too. Not sure about any others though?

Also, where would be a good place to park a Volvo estate in York on the Friday night so that it's not up on bricks by the return on Saturday?

Cheers,
Shaun :sad:

FTFY:smile:

Admin said:
Also, where would be a good place to park a Volvo estate in York on the Friday night so that it's not clamped on the return on Saturday?

Cheers,
Shaun :sad:

Outside my house. Couple of bike minutes outside the walls (so you can experiment with different routes over/round/through/under Walmgate on your way to the Minster, if you so wish) and plenty of on-street parking since us and the neighbours on both sides don't have cars. We could possibly even run to a brew whilst you're waiting if you get there early.

longers

Legendary Member
Admin said:

My train home goes from Hull so I'd better get there to be on it.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Admin said:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

This seemed liked such a good idea when Shaun mentioned it; on my commute home in the pouring rain yesterday it did not seem so good ... (note to brain - must put my 'good' waterproof in my bundle) -

post FNRTC ride arrive home to erm minutes of sleep, before attending the village / church fundraising garden party, luckily there will be plent of cake:laugh: and if I wear dark enough glasses it might not be noticed I'm actually asleep:blush:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Tickets booked! I'm on the early bird from Kings X, getting into York at 9.40. Returning to London on the 20.06 on Sat night.

I assume there will be people having drinks in York on Sat pm after the ride? I know a nice place that sells excellent Belgian beers on tap...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Origamist said:
Tickets booked! I'm on the early bird from Kings X, getting into York at 9.40. Returning to London on the 20.06 on Sat night.

I assume there will be people having drinks in York on Sat pm after the ride? I know a nice place that sells excellent Belgian beers on tap...

You assume correctly!

I will also be looking for somewhere agreeable to watch the England match before the ride. Any suggestions from the York brigade (please don't feel the need to come to fisticuffs over it, though)?

Origamist said:

:laugh: I have to work for a couple of hours later on Saturday and will get a choo choo from Grimsby early on Satam.:laugh: Please do not upset me any more - I'm a sensitive sort... :sad:

Please take photos

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
theclaud said:
You assume correctly!

I will also be looking for somewhere agreeable to watch the England match before the ride. Any suggestions from the York brigade (please don't feel the need to come to fisticuffs over it, though)?

You can see a fair number of the pubs clearly on the opencyclemap or OSM layers of bikehike etc. Every one is listed on the google earth i stuff.

I'm not sure where would be good. I've watched World Cup games in The Victoria on Heslington Road and the Golden Fleece on Pavement. Better drinks but worse facilities than say The Postern Gate on the bottom of Picadilly. Of course the best places don't have tvs any more sniff :laugh:, but theclaud already knows that.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Origamist said:

I think York's got a couple of watering holes to choose from. I'm not sure which would be best to meet at afterwards though.

Top Bottom