Tricky neighbour situation, what to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would sit back and start window shopping for new bikes and cars. Sounds like a winning situation to me, it won't be your insurance paying out.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Good solution but haven't you also paid to insure your possessions?
Yes, but I don`t wish to lose them in the first place

AndyRM

XOXO
Now that you've made sensible progress I can offer a stupid solution...

Develop a taste for excruciatingly low fi black metal which can only be fully appreciated at deafening volumes.

I've offered my collection on here before, and it's always available.

subaqua

What’s the point
Assuming your bicycle is insured. Does that mean you don't bother to lock it up?

you will find that locking it will be a part of the T&C so not really a valid comparison.

as for the fire retardent suggestions. yeah right. that gives time to get some stuff out. not much and once the roof catches then see how quickly the fire spreads across it.

sounds like talking to the owners is a good start.

Jody

Stubborn git
Yes, but I don`t wish to lose them in the first place

and end up being paid less than its worth, after months of negotiation. Then having to drive round at your own time/expense to find a replacement that hasn't been looked after, serviced and of the same standard. I wouldn't have an issue if insurance companies were fair but they are far from. But that's a completely different thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Now that you've made sensible progress I can offer a stupid solution...

Develop a taste for excruciatingly low fi black metal which can only be fully appreciated at deafening volumes.

I've offered my collection on here before, and it's always available.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

They've been kicked out?
Almost!

They were horrified to hear the situation, and told me that one of their number one rules were no appliances to be used in the garage. They then turned round and told me that they are leaving tomorrow............RESULT

Good bloody riddance. The couple that own it are moving in themselves as they love the house which is brilliant, I`ve known them a long time and they will make great neighbours.

I didn`t expect to hear all this!!

Almost!

They were horrified to hear the situation, and told me that one of their number one rules were no appliances to be used in the garage. They then turned round and told me that they are leaving tomorrow............RESULT

Good bloody riddance. The couple that own it are moving in themselves as they love the house which is brilliant, I`ve known them a long time and they will make great neighbours.

I didn`t expect to hear all this!!

Hopefully it is just a coincidence with the timing. As no matter how terrible they are, removing people with 24 hours notice isn't good.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Hopefully it is just a coincidence with the timing. As no matter how terrible they are, removing people with 24 hours notice isn't good.
I be fair I don`t know how long ago they were given the shove, they didn`t even have the decency to tell me they were going

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm glad you problem has been resolved. Neighbour issues frequently end in tears.
On the tumble dryer thing, we had the inflammable model and have had the bits replaced. The chaps who sorted it said that there is up to a four year waiting list of jobs to be completed!

Top Bottom