UCI World Championships 2023 (Spoliers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Thanks!

So is it just the climb upto the castle that's cobbles. @Sallar55 @GuyBoden

I don't like all the corners and street furniture going through Sterling or any urban area for TT races, and yes, up a steep hill over cobbles to the Castle on a TT bike is as bizarre as the 2017 Bergen course. :wacko:

Getting more spectators and TV coverage seems to be the UCI's main objective.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Enjoyed the women’s time trial. Brilliant last few kms by Grace Brown to come so close.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Sarah Storey smashes the time trial.

For some reason I have difficulty appreciating Storey's achievements. I might be wrong, and probably am, but I think that someone who is a multiple national record holder in non-disabled races really shouldn't be just hoovering up para medals by the bucket load. I know she is completely entitled to enter the C5 category competitions, but I somehow just cannot enjoy it.

As I said, I am probably wrong to think this, and if so I apologise.

Red17

Veteran
They did a little feature on the team buses on Eurosport today. Apparently a lot of the pro teams have lent their busses to the national teams.

For some reason I have difficulty appreciating Storey's achievements. I might be wrong, and probably am, but I think that someone who is a multiple national record holder in non-disabled races really shouldn't be just hoovering up para medals by the bucket load. I know she is completely entitled to enter the C5 category competitions, but I somehow just cannot enjoy it.

As I said, I am probably wrong to think this, and if so I apologise.

I do sympathise with this.

I think the counter view is that she's supporting the para side by competing - more of the "if you can see it, you can do it" thing. I would imagine the less speedy riders [and at the Worlds there are usually a few waaaay off the pace in every event!] will love being in the same event as her.

Tricky ... !

Yes, very polite ... especially when you see the footage! Wind through to the end to get a fuller replay:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/66469071

I call that shithousery by Pidders. And it wan't a very diplomatic interview:
Yorkshireman Pidcock said: "I went for the inside and pushed him out on to the gravel and then Luca's crashed unfortunately."
Asked if the riders touched, the multi-discipline star replied "probably".

This year's Tour de France only finished on 23 July and Pidcock came into these championships with Saturday's cross-country Olympic race as his main target.
"I'm pretty happy," he added. "I only did this to prepare for Saturday but this morning I was pretty up for it and it's nice to have a medal.
"This is not really my sort of race so it's good for Saturday. My legs were not super but come the weekend I think it will be OK."

[yeah, I shoved some German out the way, maybe, not really sure, only got bronze, and I don't really care about this event. Just a bit of fun, innit? ]

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Opinions....get over it 🙄 Pidcock asked if the crash he caused in the final or the Mountainbike short track, could cost him the bronze medal.

“I dont care”

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The German's fault. Pidders under braked him and clearly had the inside line before the apex. German should have taken a wider line instead of trying to take Pidders' back wheel out.

Are there any rules banning contact per se?

Top Bottom