Very fussy about my new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

brand

You sound like a proper bellend.

Devastating repartee! Been to University?

OP
OP
B

brand

Decided on lifelong learning about 5 years ago. Studying French at the moment. I don't know how to say bellend in French though.
"Life long learning" I thought everybody did that. I thought that's part of being human?
Good way to make a point calling someone a "@sshole and bellend." How long are you into your "life long learning". Week 1?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brand

To attempt to justify placing your own life at risk and endangering others by cycling under the influence by using a medical disorder is nothing less than distasteful. You should be ashamed of such comparisons.
I am pointing out I can not lose a licence I haven't got. Surely that was obvious?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I am pointing out I can not lose a licence I haven't got. Surely that was obvious?

Yes it was obvious that you have lost a licence, but what was unclear at the time that statement was made was how or why you lost it.
As someone who condones being in control of bike under the influence with statements such as the one below, there was the likely possibility that you condone being under the influence while in control of other modes of transport such as motor cars.
There was a possibility that you had lost it though a drink driving conviction.

I live rural nearest shop is 6 miles. I like going on long distance pub crawls and I get to the pub at least 3 nights a week anyway

The fact remains that being under the influence and doing pub crawls three times a week by bike not only endangers you, but other road users and imho its not a wise or responsible thing to do.
Taking the bike because you can not drive for what ever reason is not a positive thing. Someone’s mother, daughter, father or son may have to go through life with the knowledge they have seriously hurt (or worse) someone who fell into the road in front of their car due to being intoxicated.
Epilepsy has no place in any attempt to justify or explain this imho

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
@brand you sound like a real nice guy that i never want to meet. cycling while drunk, shockingly distasteful comparison between a choice of being drunk to that of an illness which you don't get by choice is nothing more than disgraceful.

personally i wish for your removal from this site as you give humans and cyclists a bad name.

Big Nick

@brand you sound like a real nice guy that i never want to meet. cycling while drunk, shockingly distasteful comparison between a choice of being drunk to that of an illness which you don't get by choice is nothing more than disgraceful.

personally i wish for your removal from this site as you give humans and cyclists a bad name.
#Brand's a strange old dude but I don't think we should be banning everyone who has a view we don't like

In the words of Basil Fawlty "That's exactly how Nazi Germany started!!"

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
#Brand's a strange old dude but I don't think we should be banning everyone who has a view we don't like

In the words of Basil Fawlty "That's exactly how Nazi Germany started!!"
Its not the view, its his disgraceful comment on comparing a choice to an illness

Big Nick

Its not the view, its his disgraceful comment on comparing a choice to an illness

Ah, maybe I read it wrong but I thought he said he had epilepsy and had lost his licence because of it

If that's not the case then I agree the comparison is very distasteful, not ban worthy though in my view

Cubist

Still wavin'
He did indeed tell us that he had epilepsy, which was why he didn't have a licence.

Some people have jumped straight in here with both feet, it would appear.

OP
OP
B

brand

Yes it was obvious that you have lost a licence, but what was unclear at the time that statement was made was how or why you lost it.
As someone who condones being in control of bike under the influence with statements such as the one below, there was the likely possibility that you condone being under the influence while in control of other modes of transport such as motor cars.
There was a possibility that you had lost it though a drink driving conviction.

The fact remains that being under the influence and doing pub crawls three times a week by bike not only endangers you, but other road users and imho its not a wise or responsible thing to do.
Taking the bike because you can not drive for what ever reason is not a positive thing. Someone’s mother, daughter, father or son may have to go through life with the knowledge they have seriously hurt (or worse) someone who fell into the road in front of their car due to being intoxicated.

Epilepsy has no place in any attempt to justify or explain this imho

You have to be joking? a ban from driving for 25 years? What could I have possibly done to get a 25 year ban from driving? Run over a convent of nuns (sorry no collective noun for nuns) Not that I am banned from driving I am barred... not the same thing.
And where did I say I went for pub crawl 3 times a week? I go to the pub 3 times a week And the occasional pub crawl and I am on the Wolds the pubs are to far apart to get rat arsed......not that I care what you think. Also it is my moral duty living in a rural area to support local amenities as it happens I don't even like beer...just helping out!:cheers: :evil:

Last edited:
Top Bottom