Vuelta 2014, **el sp-olé-rs**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE="Pedrosanchezo, post: 3232318, member: 18611"

Looking forward to it as the Eneco and Tour of Arctic neverlands is not doing it for me.

The Eneco has some great racing, multiple short sharp cobbled climbs, proper weather, less than a minute across the top 10, whats not to like ?[/QUOTE]
Last stage was good. Am i being a snob by complaining about the lack of A riders? Bit like watching Champions league and then having to watch the Scottish premiership.

The Eneco has some great racing, multiple short sharp cobbled climbs, proper weather, less than a minute across the top 10, whats not to like ?
Last stage was good. Am i being a snob by complaining about the lack of A riders? Bit like watching Champions league and then having to watch the Scottish premiership.[/QUOTE]
Boonen, Gilbert, Terpstra, Van Avermaet, Boom, Thomas, Bauer, Dowsett,.... aye, all strictly second division there.

Last edited:
by a fantastic twist of fate, ive just realised that stage 6 passes not too far from the pool ill be drinking by on holiday. I just need to be able to hire a bike to ride to it now.....

bloody marvellous

Edit: just seen the profile for the stage, I hope the bike hire place opens early, that's some hill.

RobNewcastle

What kind of form do people think Froome is in or rather how much fitness will he have lost? I'd imagine he'd have been back on a bike relatively early after the injury (even if that was sitting on a turbo in a controlled environment). Think he should be able to ride himself into some decent form if he's slightly off.

Hont

Guru
What kind of form do people think Froome is in or rather how much fitness will he have lost? I'd imagine he'd have been back on a bike relatively early after the injury (even if that was sitting on a turbo in a controlled environment). Think he should be able to ride himself into some decent form if he's slightly off.

He shouldn't have lost any, really, as there would have been no reason for him to be off a Turbo, as you say, at the very least. I'm expecting him to be good in the early stages. How he fares in the difficult final week, when the dubious typically improve, remains to be seen.

RobNewcastle

That 10k TT at the end is a bit of an odd one, strange distance. Why not make it 20k to atleast make it a factor. Unless the race is literally down to seconds it's a non-event.

Boonen, Gilbert, Terpstra, Van Avermaet, Boom, Thomas, Bauer, Dowsett,.... aye, all strictly second division there.
Personally i think the riders you just mentioned are all support for a designated leader.

Whatever floats yer boat i suppose. It's okay to differ..........

Hont

Guru
Personally i think the riders you just mentioned are all support for a designated leader.
In that list are three world champions, this year's winner of Paris Roubaix, the runner up in this year's Tour of Flanders and between them have probably won over 20 classics.

They are not Grand Tour contenders and will often ride those races in support of other riders. That doesn't mean they're lesser riders. I don't think any of them went into the Eneco Tour (or any of the spring classics they rode) as someone expected to ride in support of another rider.

400bhp

Guru
by a fantastic twist of fate, ive just realised that stage 6 passes not too far from the pool ill be drinking by on holiday. I just need to be able to hire a bike to ride to it now.....

bloody marvellous

Edit: just seen the profile for the stage, I hope the bike hire place opens early, that's some hill.

We're in La zubia for a couple of days - I'll see you up at the top:becool:

Top Bottom