Vuelta 2014, **el sp-olé-rs**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobNewcastle

I think you do to a degree but he has been unlucky, I don't think there was much he could do about that first crash in the tour.

I'm interested to see how some of the Sky riders do, Sitsou, Kennaugh, Deignan, Cataldo. They have the experience of the likes of Knees too but both Cataldo and Deignan looked very strong in the Giro. Sick of seeing too many sky riders just not perform (Lopez springs to mind straight away).

montage

God Almighty
I don't recall lopez ever being that great, not really sure where all the fuss over him has come from

Just noticed on the team introduction highlights on eurosport that all the Belkin riders thought it necessary to take two bottles each onto the red ramp.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So a short TTT to kick off...
The most precarious section of the course comes right at the outset, as the teams will tackle a brief section of cobbles after rolling down the start ramp on the Calle Sevilla
Will Froome negotiate it safely???????:eek:

Well I was going to say a Cannondale TTT swansong before that bunch of Movi stars did their thing!

Whether down to the course, it was pretty exciting as 'prologue' stages go over such a paltry distance. I noticed that 36 seconds off the block that Katusha were already out of shape. Hmmm.

Orica set the benchmark and if I'm honest I'd have had them down as winners today if prompted. It looked as if some teams were deliberately making the best of some extra long turns via their respective (and expendable) power-men, leading to the skinnied down finishes...that and the narrow parts of the course making such a tactic easier to fulfill.

I'm glad that Quintana had a dig - I picked it up too; Valverde eh? Hopefully this Vuelta should put to bed any question over who is, and should be, top boy.

And what a great shame about Horner...old news I know. :hello: And even more distressing for those who like a cleaner sport, that Vinokourov has been charged with bribery over the 2010 Liege race. If you haven't seen it...
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQqQIwAQ&url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/11047484/Alexandre-Vinokourov-charged-with-bribery-and-accused-of-paying-rival-in-Liege-Bastogne-Liege.html&ei=Xhr5U9i8KYHIyAOwwYKYBQ&usg=AFQjCNHLu_0YT-HTvtQz8qbZBi7o9eEwlg&sig2=KCv7gA9b6AAxNz2g_2ur6w

Whilst I feel sorry for the likes of Aru, it's a shame that this years TDF winner came from anything to do with this nasty piece of work.

But, I'm looking forward to a possible Degenkolb versus Bouhanni sprint finish tomorrow...

Top Bottom