Vuelta 2014, **el sp-olé-rs**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In that list are three world champions, this year's winner of Paris Roubaix, the runner up in this year's Tour of Flanders and between them have probably won over 20 classics.

They are not Grand Tour contenders and will often ride those races in support of other riders. That doesn't mean they're lesser riders. I don't think any of them went into the Eneco Tour (or any of the spring classics they rode) as someone expected to ride in support of another rider.
I gather you and i differ in opinion RE what is an entertaining bike race. For me, and again this is my opinion, the Eneco did not fall into the category of entertaining - regardless of how many ex world champions there were.

We're in La zubia for a couple of days - I'll see you up at the top:becool:

that depends on two things.
1. my chances of hiring a bike on the day
2. my lungs and legs holding out.

here's hoping :bicycle:

beastie

Guru
Yeh i did and i don't mean to belittle the race, i just don't think it was in the same league as the dauphine for example.
The last stage of the dauphine was a cracker. The rest were nowt special. It all depends on what type of stage, rider you prefer I suppose. If more one week races had stage design like the Eneco, where a classics rider can prevail, then I would be all for it. In fact if a 3 week GT had a parcours with only one or two MTF, a cobbled stage, a hilly cobbled stage, a very long hilly stage, a long TT, a MTT, a TTT, 6/7 sprint stages and the rest medium mountains with some dirt roads then I would be all for that too.

Hont

Guru
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere but is quite funny:-
^_^

"But Dave, Monaco doesn't have any World Tour events."

RobNewcastle

Assuming Froome doesn't lose anytime in the first week including the mountain stage on the Sunday then that will set him up for the TT where he should be able to put serious time into rivals.

There's a tough mountain stage the day after the TT but it looks like the Vuelta will be won or lost in stages 14,15,16 at the back end of week 2. As seen in the tour anything can happen though and it'll probably be very close going into the final mountain stage.

For Quintana to win it'll probably be how much he can limit his losses in the TT and see if he can distance Froome early on. If Froome rides himself into form and gains time in the TT it could be curtains for everyone. Ofcourse Bertie's secret training may do both of them, haha

Can't wait for this!

Top Bottom