what a load of rubbish!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
When I was merely middle class I only watched documentaries and nature programmes on TV.

But since I've become pretentiously upper middle class, I no longer watch television (apart from Dr. Who, that is!).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You need to switch your viewing from passive to active! Instead of just sticking the TV on and aimlessly wandering about the channels looking for something to watch, sit down at the start of the week and go though the TV guide seeking out interesting programmes, which may be on at times which are not convenient to you. Set your PVR to record them and build up a library of things to watch. I have hours worth of history, nature, science and technology recordings to watch, along with 5 or 6 films, and episodes from a couple of series. I also record the Channel 4 news every evening so I can catch up with that later on.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
".......13 channels of sh*t on the tv to choice from"

"57 channels and nothin' on 'em!"

Think we need a more up to date song.

2579 channels of sh*t and still nothin' on 'em!

stephec

Legendary Member
I like to watch tv with nothing on.

Make sure the curtains are closed!
What's wrong, can't you find the on button? :smile:

Milzy

Guru
You need to switch your viewing from passive to active! Instead of just sticking the TV on and aimlessly wandering about the channels looking for something to watch, sit down at the start of the week and go though the TV guide seeking out interesting programmes, which may be on at times which are not convenient to you. Set your PVR to record them and build up a library of things to watch. I have hours worth of history, nature, science and technology recordings to watch, along with 5 or 6 films, and episodes from a couple of series. I also record the Channel 4 news every evening so I can catch up with that later on.
^^ He's right you know :thumbsup:

ayceejay

Guru
For me I see a strange correlation between TV programs and the size of the telly. The bigger and more techno the device becomes the more trivial what you can watch on it becomes. We stopped watching TV a while back 7 minutes of a crap show and then 3 minutes of Bud Light etc was more than I can handle I take Netflix and watch on this here device.

snorri

Legendary Member
I find the tv better than it has ever been although I never sit down after my evening meal with the expectation of being entertained continuously until bedtime, that would be unreasonable surely?.

Top Bottom