What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Essex Boys: Retribution. Total garbage, tries to be a spin off from Rise Of The Foot Soldier and fails miserably.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I watched wolverine last night. It was a bit disappointing though. I don't know why they made this film, accept to make money amd nothing else. Wolverine works well with the other X-men, but on his own? Naa. There was no point to the film in my oppinion. I kept wondering where and when the others were going to appear.

7/10 mainly for the effects.

Toeclip

Guru
Robert Redford in `All is lost`

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Son of Rambow. Fun.
Great film... I'd forgotten just how much fun being a kid was, and i love how the line between the film we're watching and the film the kids are making becomes increasingly blurred towards the end... it gets a rare 9/10 from me.

Last night I watched Two Lane Blacktop... a highly acclaimed road movie in a similar vein to Vanishing Point... tonight I'm just going to watch the dishwater in my sink go cold, as that's got to be infinitely more enjoyable than the duller than dishwater Two Lane Blacktop... I'll give it a generous 3/10... it would have got 1/10 but James Taylor's acting is so laughably bad it deserves a couple of extra points.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Great film... I'd forgotten just how much fun being a kid was, and i love how the line between the film we're watching and the film the kids are making becomes increasingly blurred towards the end... it gets a rare 9/10 from me.

Last night I watched Two Lane Blacktop... a highly acclaimed road movie in a similar vein to Vanishing Point... tonight I'm just going to watch the dishwater in my sink go cold, as that's got to be infinitely more enjoyable than the duller than dishwater Two Lane Blacktop... I'll give it a generous 3/10... it would have got 1/10 but James Taylor's acting is so laughably bad it deserves a couple of extra points.

You absolute heathen - my all time favourite film. Must have watched it a dozen times - and each time I've watched I've been more enthralled - and seen little extra details. Admittedly nothing much happens, but so much meaning in a look or a word. I probably know every line of dialogue - which could all be fitted on the back of a fag packet - and everyone but Warren Oate's dialogue on the back of a stamp. Utter genius !
The cast list is "driver, mechanic, girl, GTO" - with the latter being the Warren Oates bullshitter character, driving the said car- and how can anyone not be enthralled by Warren Oates on top form (which he usually is to be fair). Granted it's not for everyone, but still....

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Warren Oates' character stands out as he's the only person in the whole film with any acting ability whatsoever. I'm glad I watched it... the bar has been reset to the lowest rung so even the most average yawn-fest will seem exciting in comparison.

Top Bottom