What has irked you today ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Been off all week. Laid three rooms worth of laminate flooring, fixed mums washing machine, planed 4 doors, etc etc etc. Today, I mustered up all my nowadays waning mojo to actually get out for a ride....waddaya know, my wife wanted to look in a particular shop....no problem, I ran her there at circa 11am. 3pm, just got back :wacko:. Jeez, one shop she walked round TWICE :huh:.
Gonna get ready...finally...and get the bike out.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went for a ride today as part of my recovery/physiotherapy stuff. I did a bit of road,then pavement cycling when the road was either rough surfaced or just packed out with damn cars. One of my attempts to mount the pavement when there was a dipped kerb was blocked by a car. Nothing unusual about that you might say as the ignorant gits are everywhere. Oh no this one really took the biscuit!! The car was covered in signs saying stuff like "Caring for the disabled in their homes"! It was only a bloody carers vehicle. So they had actually gone to someone's house to care for them but in doing so had blocked the feckin' dropped kerb, stopping wheelchair and disability scooter users from mounting the kerb easily and safely!!:dry:

gbb

Legendary Member
Been off all week. Laid three rooms worth of laminate flooring, fixed mums washing machine, planed 4 doors, etc etc etc. Today, I mustered up all my nowadays waning mojo to actually get out for a ride....waddaya know, my wife wanted to look in a particular shop....no problem, I ran her there at circa 11am. 3pm, just got back :wacko:. Jeez, one shop she walked round TWICE :huh:.
Gonna get ready...finally...and get the bike out.

Been out, now suitably de- irked. :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Had one with his cree helmet light on strobe this morning, in broad daylight too, on a shared use path... i loudly chanted pointless.pointless.pointless.pointless as he approached... it made me feel better.
Shout "YOUR LIGHT'S MALFUNCTIONING" and with any luck, the fozy ducker will at some point remove it and look directly at it and get a taste of his own medicine! :evil:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4530544, member: 9609"]Crossing the moors this afternoon I heard a car coming up from behind so as usual on these roads I stopped and got off to let it past, the car didn't even remotely slow, no acknowledgement of thanks from the grossly over-fed woman who was clearly holding a mobile to her lug hole. Then just as I watched her go past a little bird flew out of the side and it stotted of her windscreen. I have seen plenty of road kill before and I have seen plenty of crap driving before. Not sure why today, may be it had something to do with the previous couple of hours battling into a strong wind, or may be the big ascent up onto the tops, but picking that little bird up quite upset me.
just to give you an idea of the road and surroundings
haw_2439.JPG

and the poor wee jenny wren
db_2429.JPG

I know it is an unrealistic dream but I wish motor vehicles could be confined to history.[/QUOTE]
That's maddening to hear about the fat cow with the phone to her ear:cursing: and sad about the little bird.:sad:

Attachments

• haw_2439.JPG
    haw_2439.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 34
  • db_2429.JPG
    db_2429.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 30

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was irked today when this Hayley East Anglia van jumped a just-changed red:
shot0016.jpg

I was seriously narked when this 4x4 sailed through a few seconds later, after I had a green light (but I could see and hear what they were about to do, so I left the camera pointing at their lights...)
shot0018.jpg

Bloody motorists! Most times I ride through that area, at least one jumps a red light, but taking the micturate like that is fairly new.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Nothing really. I wished that polyester resin filler set up a bit more slowly but it wasn't a deal-breaker.

Have a nice day.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My alarm clock at 4.45am irked me this morning. I normally work evenings but this week, i've been covering for the caretaker, who works mornings. It is nice finishing my shift at 8.00am though.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4530615, member: 9609"]I think it was just the combination of things that pissed me off, hate to see drivers on the phone, I find it even more annoying when folk don't have the courtesy to say thanks when I have got off the road to let them past, and then the dead bird to cap it all off.
Don't normally see anyone on that road, and today there was that woman, and then a little later coming the other way a couple of logging trucks - they both had the common decency to give a wave and a thumbs up.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE 4530544, member: 9609"]I know it is an unrealistic dream but I wish motor vehicles could be confined to history.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree. I'm sure, having cycled for decades, that there must be 40% more vehicles(mostly cars)on the roads now than say 10 years ago. Once of a day you could cycle from say 9.30am to 3.30pm and feel the roads were fairly quiet. Now they're busy all day long. Even the once quiet country lanes have been taken over by those who see them as short cuts to beat the busy A and B roads.The nearby borough of Ribble Valley has/is having around 10,000 houses built over the next decade and boy can you tell! Every new house has 2 or 3 cars in the drive. There's a fairly steep road leading into and out of Whalley near Clitheroe. This road takes some effort to climb and when you want to pull out on a bike from the kerbside you can sometimes wait over a minute for a gap in the traffic.They say people are busier and travel further these days. They never say they're too lazy to walk.(school run for example...so many obese children)

Last edited:
Top Bottom