What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Musketeers - probably the best thing on major channels of a weekend night (although goodness knows there isn't a lot of competition)

Tried Outcast on Fox with Philip Glenister, but thought it offered nothing new and was a bit slow. Plus I struggled with his "American" accent nearly as much as he did...

And finally Grand Tours of Scotland on BBC2 / iPlayer - travelogue which is oddly more entertaining than it should be.

I have persevered with Outcast, and it's finally starting to get to the point. There were two or three episodes where I had no idea what was going on, but it's started to properly focus on the demon/good&evil story and is all the better for it.

Imagine: One night in 2012
Brilliant, uplifting, behind the scenes documentary on the Olympics opening ceremony. Best quote "We were told whatever you do, don't have any moving parts in the cauldron - at Montreal in 76 they had four and one of them didn't work. Ours had 204."

Last edited:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Containment on E4. Not bad, even if it was clearly made on a budget and designed to appeal to viewers of The 100.
Based on the Belgian series "Cordon", which went out on BBC4 a bit ago.

Anyroad;

Musketeers (iPlayer)
Either I've grown used to the tone, or it's settled a bit more (I felt, in the initial episodes, that it was unsure of whether it was swashbuckling Saturday teatime stuff, or edgy post watershed drama). Anyroad, this final episode was rather good, with the foes seen off, and our heroes moving on to new lives. I have to say that I'll miss them (and Murray Gold's fantastic theme).

Arrow (Prime Instant Video)
Season 3 of the archery based crimefighting show is available at no extra charge on Prime at last (Prime is rubbish at letting you know this sort of thing, incidentally, compared to Netflix). 8 episodes in, this is pretty much what I was expecting, and it's rather fun. If you don't want the grit of Jessica Jones or Daredevil, this is worth a go.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Finished off Wayward Pines last night.

Lordy it is bleak, more so than your usual post apocalyptic efforts as there really doesn't seem to be any hope for what's left of humanity.

I think there's to be a third series, and I hope they are sensible enough to make it the last as dragging the format on could get seriously tedious.

Whilst l've been in this afternoon (finished work @ 16:00, ran home, showered for 17:00)

I watched last nights 'TT Blues', & now watching an episode of 'Full Steam Ahead', the food episode
It's quite an interesting programme, due to the sociological issues
Nice to also see the NorthYorkshire Moors Railway, and the wonderful ,Billy Fortunes', on Henrietta Street in Whitby ( Kipper smokers)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just read that the excellent 'Raised By Wolves' won't be coming back, with C4 choosing not to commission a third series.

Genuinely gutted about this as I thought it was one of the best comedy shows on television and had really found its feet in series 2.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Billions

Damian Lewis is doomed to play Americans.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Just read that the excellent 'Raised By Wolves' won't be coming back, with C4 choosing not to commission a third series.

Genuinely gutted about this as I thought it was one of the best comedy shows on television and had really found its feet in series 2.

It was very, very funny. It'll be back though I reckon, just not on Channel 4: it'll get picked up by a streaming service.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just started watching my Thunderbirds boxed set I bought a while back; purchase prompted by an exchange on here as it happens.
Bloody good fun, and stands up well nearly 50 years on since I last watched it. Sheer perfection in pace, music, great rockets etc, and convincing acting from the "supermarionation" puppets.

Apparently there's 27 hours of adventure to look forward to !

Top Bottom