What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I've not watched any of it
Neither have I, my tv gets a rest in the summer but I did see a video on my laptop of the female Japanese wrestler celebrating her victory with her coach, which must have been a highlight:biggrin:.
I doubt anything else in the 'limpics could have provided me with any better entertainment.

I get watching the Olympics, and sport in general. I can appreciate the skill, passion and effort involved.

I get comedies, why wouldn't I want to laugh, but I don't understand why I watch some other genres.

Why do we get happy watching someone else win loads of money on quiz shows?

Why do we watch a movie, knowing it's going to scare us, or other programmes that we know will make us sad, or documentaries that will make us angry or other negative emotion and get disappointed if it doesn't?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Agent Carter S2
Peggy returns for what turned out to be the last series of this nice, '40s era Marvel tale.

Splendid cast, some nice nods to the later Marvel canon, and generally rip roaring fun.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
... Jonah From Tonga too, which introduced me to Chris Lilley who is very, very funny.
I thought that (and everything else he's done to date) was brilliant, although it (apparently) didn't go down well with actual Tongans. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next. I'm hoping for a 'Catching up with Phil Olivetti' series.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I thought that (and everything else he's done to date) was brilliant, although it (apparently) didn't go down well with actual Tongans. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next. I'm hoping for a 'Catching up with Phil Olivetti' series.

That would be amazing. I'd like to see how GayStyle Enterprises is getting on too.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think the issue with Jonah from Tonga was that pretty much every Tongan character was a stereotype, and not a positive one. Whether or not Lilley realised he was on thin ice I've no idea, but I reckon he does need to think very carefully about his future character portrayals.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Bake Off tonight:birthday:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Interesting looking one off drama with Stephen Graham on Channel 4 tonight called The Watchman: he's a CCTV operator who gets involved in a drug deal where the police fail to.

Damn fine actor IMO so should be worth a look.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Interesting looking one off drama with Stephen Graham on Channel 4 tonight called The Watchman: he's a CCTV operator who gets involved in a drug deal where the police fail to.

Damn fine actor IMO so should be worth a look.

Graham is definitely the star of the show and he does well to carry a pretty sparse supporting cast and script.

Quite an obvious twist, but otherwise a decent take on loneliness, isolation and the perils of social justice.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm watching an LG tv, it's quite good, happy with it.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom