What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

The 'Limpics, innit!

I've not watched any of it

D

Deleted member 1258

I know someone who refuses to watch any of it and doesn't care in the slightest what happens, or, in fact about any of it at all. About the only thing he'll know is that it is in Rio or something.

I am no great fan, but that always seems a bit odd to me.

I just lack interest in it.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Just started watching my Thunderbirds boxed set I bought a while back; purchase prompted by an exchange on here as it happens.
Bloody good fun, and stands up well nearly 50 years on since I last watched it. Sheer perfection in pace, music, great rockets etc, and convincing acting from the "supermarionation" puppets.

Apparently there's 27 hours of adventure to look forward to !
Gerry Anderson should have got a knighthood for the entertainment that he brought to millions of ....er kids. The money in exports also.
Genius.
Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO, Space: 1999, Terrahawks

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Gerry Anderson should have got a knighthood for the entertainment that he brought to millions of ....er kids. The money in exports also.
Genius.
Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO, Space: 1999, Terrahawks

I did start watching Fireball XL5 via amazon's rental scheme, but it was one for compleatists I think. It was (just slightly) before my time, though featured in some of the comics of the day, so I had an interest. Doesn't really stand up today other than showing the promise of the true greatness that followed. Quite enjoyed Stingray back in the day, perhaps the half-way house to the perfection of Thunderbirds. Captain Scarlet was based on a bit of a silly premised, but still pretty good (from memory of 40+ years ago). UFO I might be tempted to purchase as a bit of nostalgia. Space 1999 looked great, but wasn't half dull though, compared to the much ropier but far more entertaining Doctor Who of the day. Joe 90 I remember enjoying, so another potential purchase. Terrahawks was after my time

Leaway2

Lycrist
I did start watching Fireball XL5 via amazon's rental scheme, but it was one for compleatists I think. It was (just slightly) before my time, though featured in some of the comics of the day, so I had an interest. Doesn't really stand up today other than showing the promise of the true greatness that followed. Quite enjoyed Stingray back in the day, perhaps the half-way house to the perfection of Thunderbirds. Captain Scarlet was based on a bit of a silly premised, but still pretty good (from memory of 40+ years ago). UFO I might be tempted to purchase as a bit of nostalgia. Space 1999 looked great, but wasn't half dull though, compared to the much ropier but far more entertaining Doctor Who of the day. Joe 90 I remember enjoying, so another potential purchase. Terrahawks was after my time
I pretty much echo what you said. I find it difficult to separate what I think of these programs now, and what I felt at the time.
Secret service was good fun too, with "Prof" Stanley Unwin.
I will be digging out my Thunderbirds box set this weekend.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Kettering Incident... an Australian mystery/paranormal thing containing murder, moths and two moons. Reminded me of the cult 70's thing called The Owl Service... started well, got strange and the finale left me thinking "Huh? What the feck was that all about??"

Lullabelle

Banana
The Brownlee boys :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4422615, member: 259"]I Didn't Know You Cared.

Everybody's buggered off and left me alone in the house, so I can watch a right load of drivel from the seventies without getting turfed out of the living room. And I'm going to have a steak and kidney pie, mushy peas and chips for my tea.[/QUOTE]
A search through T'internet located these audio gems by Peter Tinniswood.

View: https://youtu.be/TDJxU3Aywqg

Narrated by Robin Bailey. :becool:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
The Brownleeeeessssssss :smile:

Epic how he picked up the union jack and a Yorkshire flag both at the same time en-route for the finish, I was worried for a moment he'd picked the wrong flag

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Oh and the new series of People Just Do Nothing

Pirate station mockumentary that I find so funny, the accent they pull off is so real with the youth of today

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Scream S2 - (Netflix)
It's the season finale - a couple of more or less expected twists, but still, not bad.

Flash
Watching this mainly because of its tie in to Arrow's season 3, but it's not bad - on the basis of the pilot, lighter in tone (mostly) and quite fun.

Versailles - (iPlayer)
Another season finale - I ended up rather liking this, despite my misgivings. Looking forward to the next series.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[QUOTE 4422615, member: 259"]I Didn't Know You Cared.

Everybody's buggered off and left me alone in the house, so I can watch a right load of drivel from the seventies without getting turfed out of the living room. And I'm going to have a steak and kidney pie, mushy peas and chips for my tea.[/QUOTE]

I hope it's a Tyne Brand pie - and arctic roll for afters? :laugh:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Oh and the new series of People Just Do Nothing

Pirate station mockumentary that I find so funny, the accent they pull off is so real with the youth of today

Need to catch up on this, the first series was hilarious! Chabuddy was my favourite character, though they were all great in different ways.

Definitely one of BBC 3's strongest efforts before they went online only. Uncle is an absolute gem as well, currently filming a third series. Cuckoo and Mighty Boosh were great too, and they had some really good documentaries. I think they had Jonah From Tonga too, which introduced me to Chris Lilley who is very, very funny.

Top Bottom