What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Penny Dreadful was excellent! At first I wasn't sold on the mash-up of characters, but once it settled down it was really well done. Dark, pretty true to the tone of the characters' source material, really good effects, camp and fun when it needed to be. Well worth a watch.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Penny Dreadful was excellent! At first I wasn't sold on the mash-up of characters, but once it settled down it was really well done. Dark, pretty true to the tone of the characters' source material, really good effects, camp and fun when it needed to be. Well worth a watch.

Might add it to the list. We've been addicted to Breaking Bad (finished), and Thrones (awaiting cheaper prices on the last season), but I got bored with Vikings, which was painfully plodding despite a good cast and production values. The Mrs is watching that when I'm away. Have got Boardwalk Empire to try next.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Was half-tempted to buy that, but "glad that's over" doesn't really sound like a ringing endorsement, yet you did watch it to the end ot seems. What's your assesment overall?
it started out better than it ended (IMO). The wild west stuff in series three i found tiresome, but enjoyed the London stuff. The final episode added insult to injury with that bog awful drawn out ending that went on for some twenty minutes instead of two. Overall assessment is... I've deleted all three series. Enjoyable enough but not a keeper.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Grand Designs returned for a new series last night.

I fully expected the build to fail dismally, and at first I seriously hated the couple, but their perseverance and quirks grew on me, and they ended up with one of my favourite houses.

I did find it a bit ironic that the overall message was one of environmental awareness and recycling, yet they opened the show having jetted off to Belgium for a look at the inspiration behind their tree-house concept.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Hunted is back. I really like the idea of the show, trying to disappear and live off grid, but they've introduced a bag of money as an incentive and put some ludicrous rules in place which spoils it for me.

I'd still like to participate in the show, because I reckon my escape plan is unbeatable.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist

MontyVeda

Blakes 7 on kodi, fond memories but the special effects are cringe-worthy now.
I find those sorts of effects utterly charming.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Anyone watching Luke cage yet?

Two episodes in and I'm loving it, I think he is my favourite marvel hero so far. Excellent acting by Mike Colter.

MontyVeda

Anyone watching Luke cage yet?

Two episodes in and I'm loving it, I think he is my favourite marvel hero so far. Excellent acting by Mike Colter.
wasn't aware it'd started.... but i will be.

I'm not a fan of game shows but I'm enjoying the nostalgia and unadulterated competitiveness of Go 8 Bit.

Top Bottom