What's your favourite wireless station?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Radio 5Live
5Live Extra for Test Match Special (or Radio 4LW if in the old car)
Radio 4 for a change or if certain presenters are on
Heart if the children are in the car while on dad taxi duties

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I switch between Greatest Hits Radio and Absolute Radio 90s depending on who's on waffle duty between the songs.

Svendo

Guru
I’d like to say Radio 1 and 6musicfir the banging tunes but in reality it’s been R4 for years. Mostly morning and evening news ‘live’ and everything else via these newfangled podcasts.
So usually my wireless comes to my house on fibre and a bit of copper, then wireless to my phone then a different wireless to my headphones. Better to drown out bickering children.

Drago

Legendary Member
I’d like to say Radio 1 and 6musicfir the banging tunes but in reality it’s been R4 for years. Mostly morning and evening news ‘live’ and everything else via these newfangled podcasts.
So usually my wireless comes to my house on fibre and a bit of copper, then wireless to my phone then a different wireless to my headphones. Better to drown out bickering children.

See, I used to love R4 but after a certain rederendum a few years back they became painfully right on. I don't mind politics in a political programme because I can then avoid it, but when the comedy, the talk shows, even the dramas etc, are riddled with smart Alec political jokes, and jibes it became too much, so my sensible listening is now catered for by the World Service.

Sharky

Guru
When a youth, it would have been 199 or 208 mw, but these have long stopped. But recently, 199 (radio caroline) have been doing a trial in the London area on DAB. But reception very patchy where I drive.

Often now it's Classic FM in the car as this just gives a pleasant background sound without too much talking.

Top Bottom