What's your favourite wireless station?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardfm

Veteran
When a youth, it would have been 199 or 208 mw, but these have long stopped. But recently, 199 (radio caroline) have been doing a trial in the London area on DAB. But reception very patchy where I drive.

Often now it's Classic FM in the car as this just gives a pleasant background sound without too much talking.

Radios Caroline and Luxembourg were my choices as a teenager

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
I listen to lots of podcasts, but when I listen to radio it’s mainly:

News - LBC
Sport - 5live
Music - Radio X or Absolute

What podcasts do you listen to. Always interested in recommendations

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Until a couple of years back I would of said R2, but it is now too celebrity centric. I do still listen to the blues show and Johnny Walker on a sunday.
So it's R4,
Boom radio
Classic FM.
R5 for the football commentary.

Drago

Legendary Member
There was a rumour going round that the shipping forecast was going to be stopped.

20230627_150404.gif

stephec

Legendary Member
Absolute 60s,70s, 80s,90s

Planet Rock

Talk Sport many years ago until I got sick of listening to John, 'man of the people,' Gaunt repeatedly telling us how wonderful he was.

Windle

Über Member
Another one for Planet Rock ~ but my god the adverts do my head in :cursing:. I generally only listen to the radio when I'm buggering about in the garage but I swear, probably 80% of the time when I first put the radio on, it's adverts. Or half a song then adverts. They play some good stuff though, not just the typical classics but a good bit of new stuff. And of course Wyatt Wendels is a cyclist :bicycle:.
Bishop FM too occasionally, our local station, they have a blues programme on a Sunday evening.

Top Bottom