where you live ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Effyb4

Veteran
Essex. Within 5 minutes cycle of beautiful countryside and close to London. It has disadvantages though :whistle:

gbb

Legendary Member
Peeturburra...or Peterborough to anyone who can talk properly.
Came here in 1977, hated it for decades, literally, but as the kids grew up here its slowly slowly grown on me. No great character to the place, its ok...just ok.
In the urban sprawls there doesnt seem much community spirit and now we have oodles of private lets and multi occupancy houses. ...parking is almost impossible, minor dumping of rubbish is rife, usually I suspect from those HMOs (I have given the council evidence but they're useless)...and hardly anyone knows anyone in my street, compared to 20 years ago, we all knew each other and it used to be an ok place.
Its ok...but no community spirit. (bear in mind I live in a modest area, ex council or development corparation house)
Ive painted a poor picture, its not perfect but by the same token we've rarely had problems, never been burgled, only had one attempted theft of the car in 30 plus years , everyone tends to keep themselves to themselves...on the plus side, I paid £18K in the mid 1990s for my 1970s 4 bedroom house.
Cycling is great. I seriously commuted for 10 years and only occasionally had bad incidents, Travel 5 miles in any direction and youre in the countryside. East into the fens, north towards Stamford, west to Northants or south towards Alconbury...some lovely routes in the summer.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
Born London, moved to Kent, then on to Greece for 7 years now in France for past 6 years. If i had the money to choose i'd go back to Greece !!

matiz

Guru
Wolverhampton four different houses then moved three miles away to Codsall then back to wolvo another three different houses then a flat then made a move to Weymouth should have made the move years earlier

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Norfolk, Essex, london, Aberystwyth, Bangor (Gwynedd), Worcs, Cambs/ Suffolk borders.
Norfolk my favourite, though where I am now has a wonderful network of quiet lanes and tracks. And its easy to get back to Norfolk from here by bike.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I've lived abroad, and in England. For the last 15 years I've lived in Wales. I won't be going back to living in a city ever again. This is my view
WP_20150807_11_44_41_Pro.jpg

Top Bottom