where you live ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
What made you stay in wigan for 30 years ?
its an ideal location for everything and where i met my wife

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
A mile, or so, off the end of the Tarka Trail in North Devon for the past ten years. Beach is five minutes down the road.
Can't see myself moving again - spent too much on this bungalow:smile:.

MarkF

Guru
I live just south of Leeds/Bradford airport, lived here 3 times now and will need to be here for a while as we look after my MIL, mum and aunt. The Aire valley provides a fantastic lifestyle for families at a very affordable (relative) cost IMO, I love it. Love the easy access to the Dales, the rivers, canals, woods, all on my doorstep. I can't think of any negatives but would like a beach I suppose........

If, as expected, me and MrsF are the last standing then we'll be going back to Spain, Valencia if Mrs F get's her way, Gijon if I get mine. Asturias here we come.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Leicestershire, Cambridgeshire, Tyne and Wear (County Durham for the purists), Manchester and now Oldham - happily settled and there's lots of amenities and good riding close enough on the doorstep for someone constrained by full time work and family commitments.

AndyRM

XOXO
I can only vaguely remember a few of the places as a child - we moved around a fair bit as my dad worked in the oil industry, but from around 5...

Torphichen (where I learned to ride a bike)

Little Chalfont (lovely, big fields, down the road from Ozzy Osbourne)

Craigleith (first 'girlfriend', first cigarette, first hangover, first illegal endeavours)

Santa Monica (a continuation of the above whilst learning to surf)

Glendale (as above, but with less surfing and more mountain biking, resulting in a spectacular arm break, successfully scraped through high school)

Chicago (further adventures in arm breaking, after a foolish encounter with a goose...)

Bougival (for a few months before I came back to the UK for college, much drunken activity with my uncle and a brief stint in a french rap group who were impressed by my Angelino credentials)

Cruddas Park (now renamed Riverside Dene in a vain effort to mask the awfulness of the place, we called Friday "Hammers on Chains Night", got the worst and most justified hiding of my life here and not really fancied fighting since)

Dunston (a step up from the mean streets of Cruddas, but not a big one, lived with my girlfriend which was a disaster)

Fenham (with a proper band of miscreants, furthering the disaster)

Heaton (an escape from the disaster, bit of a further one with a volatile housemate)

Wallsend (much less disastrous with a kick ass lady wife and a nice house that we've worked on together, along with a family of cats and with a bambino on the way)

We will probably move at some point, but I doubt I'll be leading as much of a nomadic/chaotic lifestyle. Been there, done it and sold the t-shirt.

Booyaa

Veteran
Penicuik, Musselburgh, Polmont, Glasgow, Dudley, Hamilton, Penkridge. Unless I move abroad somewhere I can't see me moving far away from here now unless anything changes drastically.

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3889678, member: 9609"]Cruddas Park - lol - have they knocked all the tower blocks down yet ? that whole area is just mad - my wifes from the far end of Scotswood Road, so I know about these things.[/QUOTE]

They've repainted them. I doubt much has changed since your wife lived there.

What I still find incredible is that Newcastle College thought it would be a good idea to house students in the area, given its well known reputation.

Character building or something I suppose...

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3889678, member: 9609"]Cruddas Park - lol - have they knocked all the tower blocks down yet ? that whole area is just mad - my wifes from the far end of Scotswood Road, so I know about these things.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they've made the flats a bit better with some window adjustments...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52440521.html

I'd still not fancy paying £90k to live there.

We had a friendly war going on with a flat in the cedars. Used to shoot BB guns at each other out the windows. Good days, and thankfully nobody got blinded!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Devon, for work, and France, for play. I'm lucky - it's not bad coming home to a view like this:

DSC03733.20150830blog.jpg

Top Bottom