where you live ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyg52

will always be my home

North-Beach-Wollongong-Aerial-Image-646x406.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
In a daydream most of the time.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm a bit stuck in London. Deptford's cheaper than most of London and it's handy for keeping an eye on my ageing mother, just a half-mile away in Greenwich. While I'm pretty much at home in the country, I've just about always lived in cities and have learned to get along in them. Council renter - I never got the whole house buying obsession that has bedevilled the UK since Thatcher.

Started off in Glasgow, then Richmond, Northampton, Milton Keynes, nr to Leek, nr to Buxton, Westlands in Newcastle Staffs, Basford, Hartshill and another 5 or 6 different places in Newcastle under Lyme or Stoke on Trent, Preston in 5 different places, Failsworth, Woking twice, nr to Haslemere, then on the road a different place most nights for a year all over Europe, back to Newcastle Staffs, then on to my current place where I am currently looking for a new place... All complete moves of everything each time but I have never owned a home either...

Mummy3monkeys

Norfolk for the last 31 years (RAF child for the first 5 yrs of my life) with two yrs spent abroad as a holiday rep from age 20 - Greece, France, Canaries.

D

Deleted member 1258

Born in Sudbury, brought up in Folkestone, lived in Gosport for a couple of years then back to Folkestone, moved to Coventry in 1973, slept in a phone box the first night, moved into a hostel the second night, then bedsits for a few years then brought my first house, I'm now on my third house and still living in Coventry.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Shropshire, Gloucestershire, Singapore, Gloucestershire, Lancashire, Malta, Salford (for Uni), Preston (for work), Harlow (Essex, for work), Carnforth (Lancashire - went freelance so could choose where I live), nr Bristol (moved in with partner who had a 'proper job' and couldn't move).
But my heart is in the north, so hope to move back up there when OH retires, even though it is sunnier down here!

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Norfolk for the last 31 years (RAF child for the first 5 yrs of my life) with two yrs spent abroad as a holiday rep from age 20 - Greece, France, Canaries.

From Norfolk, it has to be the Canaries :okay:

Cyphrex

Regular
Central Texas is always hot, seldom humid (even more miserable when so) and on extreme occasions frigid as a Popsicle in the freezer. We almost never have "nice" or "fun" days.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There is only london (awesome) and outside london (dreary). The rest is just detail.

Born & bred a Londoner but since moving to Cambridgeshire 13 years ago, you wouldn't make me live back down there if you paid me.

Much as I like London, I have expereinced a far greater proportion of complete and utter A*seholes in London and, in fact, in the south East and South Coast also as a hole whole than anywhere else.

I know it is a population thing - There are more people in London than in the whole of Scotland, so I don't feel too bad about it. In fact, it makes me grateful that I only ever experience the place in short bursts.

Don't get me wrong, I have met many great people in the area, but, still, it is somewhere I doubt I would EVER actually want to live in for very long.

Essex. Within 5 minutes cycle of beautiful countryside and close to London. It has disadvantages though :whistle:

Yes, it is Essex and it is near to London!! :whistle:

Born London, moved to Kent, then on to Greece for 7 years now in France for past 6 years. If i had the money to choose i'd go back to Greece !!

Slum it like an Immigrant, you'll get back soon!

Not saying.

Leicester, where Britain keeps its Kings crisps??

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Me?? I live in Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire (it is Dumbarton, but it is Dunbartonshire).

We have the southern Highlands not too far away, and Glasgow only 15 or 16 miles away to the east/south east.

It might get a bad rap, and, like everywhere, it has its good and bad areas, but, with the countryside and Glasgow so near by, I feel I do have the best of both worlds on my doorstep!!

....... Unfortunately, we also have Trident and Faslane, Coulport and Glen Douglas nearby, so although it might be the best of both worlds, it also might be the end of worlds too!

Top Bottom