Whisky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Children, children, shut up and drink your whisky

I can't.

My Talisker Christmas present tastes like smoky meths. xx(

thom

____
I can't.

My Talisker Christmas present tastes like smoky meths. xx(
Talisker I find tough too, in particular without showing it a bit of water. Best drunk after various other whiskies as a last taste before becoming comatose.
Often, the drained glass still smells fantastic in the morning.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I got a bottle of 16 year old Tomintoul (pro. tom-in-t'owl) Highly recommended. Certainly the best I have ever tasted. Extremely smooth with a wonderful flavour.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have never had a glass of whiskey. There! I said it.

I've tried, but when I get the glass to my mouth the smell of the whiskey makes want to wretch. I just can't stand the smell.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I spent over £70 on just 2 bottles of the stuff for the missus for Christmas :ohmy:
:

Have to try that next Christmas, rather than the usual Chanel No 5. She'll smell nice with bit of Glenmorangie dabbed behind the ears.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have never had a glass of whiskey. There! I said it.

I've tried, but when I get the glass to my mouth the smell of the whiskey makes want to wretch. I just can't stand the smell.
Used to feel the same way about Brandy, guess it is just one of those things, but worth the effort to overcome for the taste of a good whisky.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Used to feel the same way about Brandy, guess it is just one of those things, but worth the effort to overcome for the taste of a good whisky.

I don't like brand either, or vodka, but for different reasons. I used to dring quite a bit of Southern Comfort, but I can't go near that now either!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't like brand either, or vodka, but for different reasons. I used to dring quite a bit of Southern Comfort, but I can't go near that now either![/quote]

Just the thought of Southern comfort makes me feel ill!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Have you tried Ledaig single malt from Morrisons? It's made by Tobermory and is the best £18 single malt I've ever tasted.

The first impression is of a calmer, less challenging Ardbeg, then a less firey Bowmore. But this whisky certainly doesn't lack definition, it is wonderfully light but won't reward you with the long rolling subtly changing tastes of a more expensive single malt from an island but it certainly tastes more expensive than £18!

I once paid £180 for a bottle of whisky from the defunct Islay distillery Port Ellen; this is nicer.

uploadfromtaptalk1358891605343.jpg

Top Bottom