Whisky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
How much had you consumed before you took that photo A_C?

That's a full sized table...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Island malts taste and smell like cats' p1ss, with a bit of soot thrown in. People invest a lot of money (and bullshit) to suffer. I can choke down a Jamesons as a chaser after a couple of pints of Stella, but that's about it.
BTW, Canadian Club and Coke is rather good.

thom

____
Have you tried Ledaig single malt from Morrisons? It's made by Tobermory and is the best £18 single malt I've ever tasted.

The first impression is of a calmer, less challenging Ardbeg, then a less firey Bowmore. But this whisky certainly doesn't lack definition, it is wonderfully light but won't reward you with the long rolling subtly changing tastes of a more expensive single malt from an island but it certainly tastes more expensive than £18!
First got some of the 10yo Ledaig from Tobermory itself (on the isle of Mull, where that show about Ballymory (sp) was set) - very pleasant. From the Tobermory distillery, Tobermory is the unpeated malt, Ledaig is heavily peated but still pretty light and delicate (from memory). I have some of the Sherry Finish at the moment, which is also very nice.

Can't say I am a big Talisker fan myself - for me, it requires drinking a few less "robust" malts beforehand as preparation...

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
First got some of the 10yo Ledaig from Tobermory itself (on the isle of Mull, where that show about Ballymory (sp) was set) - very pleasant. From the Tobermory distillery, Tobermory is the unpeated malt, Ledaig is heavily peated but still pretty light and delicate (from memory). I have some of the Sherry Finish at the moment, which is also very nice.

Can't say I am a big Talisker fan myself - for me, it requires drinking a few less "robust" malts beforehand as preparation...

I think much like with wine the brutal whiskys are a good starting point, but as your tastes develop you start to seek out subtler flavours.

And stuff.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
...says the man with a collection of hot sauces which probably contravene the Geneva Convention. :whistle:

Ha, good point! I also have a bottle of Naga Vodka in the cupboard that should be ready by around June.

Top Bottom