Whisky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it helps anyone with their whisky journey, it's more than common to add a bit of water. In Scotland they often provide a little tiny jug of it for you - to dilute the stronger abv whiskies has various effects, so experiment next time with just a little H2o, then swish the contents and look at the film of alcohol left behind. You will find certain flavours are brought to the fore, and other flavours lessen.
Now don't collapse when I tell you this but people (scots inc) also use a piece of ice to do the same thing, with the whisky tasting stronger and fuller to start with, then altering as the ice melts. :biggrin:

Ps. Two to try thst are very different on the pallette. ....
Old Pulteney - smooth and honey like.
Caol Ila (sounds as cull eela) - a bit of an introduction to smokey flavours.

Both respond well to a dash of water so you can learn to experiment. Cost about 25 & 35 pounds respectively. Yummy.

subaqua

What’s the point
If it helps anyone with their whisky journey, it's more than common to add a bit of water. In Scotland they often provide a little tiny jug of it for you - to dilute the stronger abv whiskies has various effects, so experiment next time with just a little H2o, then swish the contents and look at the film of alcohol left behind. You will find certain flavours are brought to the fore, and other flavours lessen.
Now don't collapse when I tell you this but people (scots inc) also use a piece of ice to do the same thing, with the whisky tasting stronger and fuller to start with, then altering as the ice melts. :biggrin:
have been saying this for years. the trails are the esters etc and the water ( or ice) releases more of the complexities ( fec i sound like a whisky bore ) of the drink

postman

Legendary Member
Have been known to partake.

photo.jpg

Some favourites

islay.jpg
You Sir have STYLE,those are quality.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Have been known to partake.

photo.jpg

Some favourites

islay.jpg

We had to chuck out our boxes because the sheer number of them was starting to look a bit embarrassing. I'd forgotten about Caol Ila. Hmm...

Chrisc

Guru
They don't go off. It sits in barrels for years after all and they're not as airtight as a bottle.
The swigging stuff like grouse disappears at a rate of knots but the malts can last a month or more.
Find I get through them quicker in winter. Barely touch em in summer.

Top Bottom