Who does the longest cycle commute to work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noelmg

Mine is a baby commute compared to these - I do 8.5 miles each way, a couple of days a week.

Sometimes it about kills me and takes about 45-50 mins, others I can do it in 35-40 mins, but if I drive and the traffic is bad its at least a 45 minute drive, down to 25 mins in clear traffic - so there isn't much difference, and at least on the bike it's a pretty much constant timing.

Only just started biking again after a few months off due to illness, and hoping I can keep up 2 days a week.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I ride 11.5 miles each way. I look at it this way. When I used to drive to work it took me 25 mins there, 40 mins back.

Now I cycle every day, it's 45 mins there (steady ride in) and 40 mins back. If I wasn't commuting on the bike, I'd have to find time to exercise elsewhere. That would mean finishing work, then driving to the gym/sports centre so I'd never get as much exercise time in......and I'd have to pay!

So I 'lose' 20 mins in the morning, and a paltry 5 mins in the evening. It costs me 25 minutes a day and I get all the exercise I need, for free! Are you really losing any time out of your life?

Top Bottom