Why aren't toilet bowls coated with teflon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Ahhhhh. One of them.
No I'm not!!!!!:ninja:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Does holy cr@p stick less than other kinds of cr@p?
I sometimes question other folks diets when I have one of those Billy Connolly 'wee beige jobby' encounters in public bogs. Honestly, do they eat glue or what?. Not only won't the damn thing flush (it has super-buoyancy capable of lifting the Titanic) but the smell could strip the paint off my bike frame:blink:. That's fast food culture, I guess.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I sometimes question other folks diets when I have one of those Billy Connolly 'wee beige jobby' encounters in public bogs. Honestly, do they eat glue or what?. Not only won't the damn thing flush (it has super-buoyancy capable of lifting the Titanic) but the smell could strip the paint off my bike frame:blink:. That's fast food culture, I guess.

:laugh::laugh:

Colin_P

Guru
It is of course all to do with the flush.

Years ago you would have the cistern high up on the wall and the water in there would have a lot of potential energy. When you pulled the chain, literally, that potential energy converted to a lot of kinetic energy that would flush everything away, no bother, no nonsense.

These days the eco toilets with their close coupled low level cisterns cannot cope. There is less water and less energy. This leads to pan striping all over the world and also the need to flush at least twice, sometimes three times.

A lot of old wall mounted cisterns were not called dauntless for nothing.

[edit]

Anyone ever listened to the song by the Mac Lads called "Dans big log"?

Colin_P

Guru

Colin_P

Guru
Is that the one where his mum sews his name in his undies? :smile:

No it is the one where he goes to the posh potential inlaws sit down to dinner with them, goes to the loo, it wont flush, so he throws it out the window, goes back downstairs only to find them all staring out the window at thing that has landed on the patio.

Top Bottom