WiggleCRC to axe 300 jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It is. It's also a shame that it appears to be necessary to spell it out for fear of being called a heartless bastard - or worse.
I can't figure if it"is an NI thing, a cycle trade thing, or a cycle trade in NI thing, that makes it necessary, but necessary, in this thread, it certainly seems to be.

Somehow, if they were bankers, or worked in financial services, I doubt the reaction to the job losses would be the same.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I can't figure if it"is an NI thing, a cycle trade thing, or a cycle trade in NI thing, that makes it necessary, but necessary, in this thread, it certainly seems to be.

Somehow, if they were bankers, or worked in financial services, I doubt the reaction to the job losses would be the same.
Dave Spart is alive and well and living on cyclechat. People with comfortable lives seem to believe that you need to wear your heart on your sleeve at all times to have any compassion for anyone.

And, to be fair to Mr Spart, if they were bankers or (to some extent) worked in financial services they would be more likely to have a cushion against redundancy than a bunch of NI warehouse workers.

U

User482

Dave Spart is alive and well and living on cyclechat. People with comfortable lives seem to believe that you need to wear your heart on your sleeve at all times to have any compassion for anyone.

And, to be fair to Mr Spart, if they were bankers or (to some extent) worked in financial services they would be more likely to have a cushion against redundancy than a bunch of NI warehouse workers.
Patrick Stevens has hacked your account.

400bhp

Guru
The main investors in private equity are life insurance and pension funds. So, those of us with a pension, or life insurance, benefit directly from the savings made from closing down the CTC warehouse.

We [individuals with pension savings] likely benefit indirectly rather than directly, albeit I agree with the sentiment of your post.

And it will be mostly defined benefit pension schemes that ate investing, of which is a rapidly declining part of the workforce.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We [individuals with pension savings] likely benefit indirectly rather than directly, albeit I agree with the sentiment of your post.

And it will be mostly defined benefit pension schemes that ate investing, of which is a rapidly declining part of the workforce.
Where do you think DC schemes stash their cash?

A number of local authority pension schemes, such as West Midlands and West Yorkshire have investments in Bridgepoint. So local authority workers will be indirectly benefiting from a share of the £9 billion that Bridgepoint have returned to investors over the last 10 years.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
My boycott didn't last long!

I placed an order on Sunday - Tracked delivery the fastest option was £2.99 delivery on or before the 4th of November. No one else had the combo of my basket so had to go with them. Never seen such a long delivery time from Wiggle. Standard delivery was showing as next week. Everything was in stock and it has been picked and packed last night. Wonder what the deal is there they used to used DPD next day the last time I used them below sent last night at 10pm

The following order has been confirmed and sent out for you via the delivery method selected.

Order number:
Estimated delivery:

Your items will be picked up from Wiggle within one working day and should be delivered to you within 4 working days.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Well got a tear in my tubeless tyre and only other places were all EU sites that had the one I wanted. No bike shops stock them not even Evans warehouse keeps any road tubeless. The other stuff maybe could have punted around but hey as you point out it was easier getting all in one place, and they had 48% off my tyres so bought two...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Well got a tear in my tubeless tyre and only other places were all EU sites that had the one I wanted. No bike shops stock them not even Evans warehouse keeps any road tubeless. The other stuff maybe could have punted around but hey as you point out it was easier getting all in one place, and they had 48% off my tyres so bought two...
You ride tubeless and you don't keep spares... hmmm...

Top Bottom