Would you live in Canberra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
The photos are scattered between devices and once I have sorted an issue with my new website for the blog, sorted loads of bits and pieces out such as my OH starting work on Monday (tomorrow for me) and got this like driving licences, bank card, phone number, Medicare card,... sorted, I'll start on photos. I also need to find a house to live in that is not going to leave me depressed (managing the city apartment just but not much more than that) find a car, sort water, electricity, gas, phone, internet... out and work out what insurance is needed and what isn't I can start to think about me and this darn bad back which has had me up since 1am this morning... plus I need to register with a doctor, get a disabled badge sorted, some more morphine (bloody gp in the UK only have me 15 days and not a month's supply as they normally did and I didn't pick up on it in time) and everything else... Ahhhhhhhh cycling around they world (well trying to anyway) was easier!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
From my Aussie buddies FB feed... June Winter Fair...

13178002_10153427868147676_1131282319534015057_n.jpg

Goat Poo Lotto! Sign me up!
(I'm a veteran at Bossy Bingo, btw.)

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
If I weren't halfway through preparing seafood, I'd be on my way to the Indian takeaway near the rail station. Anand India, 41/2 stars,
Vegetable and special vegetable samosas available

Reactions: TVC

TVC

[QUOTE 4290316, member: 259"]@The Velvet Curtain lives in Lestoor, where you can buy magical samosas for next to nowt, and you can get superb Indian food. I would look even more like Jabba the Hutt if I lived there. :hungry:[/QUOTE]
Yep 50 vegetarian samosas freshly made cost me £15. And the dahl kochuri are addictive.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
You are up to date! I was going to say there is no Ikea in Canberra, but the first one opened in November
Just spent the morning there. Lovely and quiet, I kid not but did the trick to make this apartment habitable. Things like a sieve, a frying pan I can actually lift, cheap mugs that hold something other than a mouthful of coffee, a chopping board, some wooden kitchen spoons... Just lacking in the measuring jug side of life.

I'll get the phone out and post a picture of the queue for the Sunday am rush on the tills!

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Still trying to sorry internet out. We have moved out of the city. Whilst I like the city to visit, I can't hack living in it. So we are living rurally. Moved last Tuesday. Lots of cleaning to be done. Met my first red back spider yesterday. Had a wombat in the garden last night. 2nd night without any mice caught in the traps.... Hit a roo the day it snowed on a road hate, but we got off lightly. Road we were meant to be on was closed after the 4th accident due to snow. Sadly the 4th was a fatality, well known local artist apparently. What else? Not sure. Photos are somewhere on the mundane news thread. Just driven track to ensure its OK for the delivery and installation of washing machine and fridge freezer today. It had rained all night and they were worried about gets bogged down in mud. Can't see any issues after first bend... That's it really. Must get back to cleaning... Will try for a better update later and link to photos.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Met my first red back spider yesterday.
In his Unreliable Memoirs Clive James tells of an elderly expat who was discovered to have an outside loo absolutely crawling with the things, which she'd been gamely swatting away with a broom whenever she needed to go. One bite and she'd have been history. I guess we were made of sterner stuff in those days...

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
In his Unreliable Memoirs Clive James tells of an elderly expat who was discovered to have an outside loo absolutely crawling with the things, which she'd been gamely swatting away with a broom whenever she needed to go. One bite and she'd have been history. I guess we were made of sterner stuff in those days...
I'm told that they are no actually that bad. The bite will only make you sick rather than kill you (this this in with what I have read online) and that is the brown and Tiger snakes I need to worry about. Oh well. :smile:

Top Bottom