Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
IMG_1482.JPG

Two hedgehogs in my back garden last night, being stalked by our cat, as I'd scooped her food out of the bowl to feed them ^_^

potsy

Rambler
Blue Tit doing his best Zorro impression ^_^

20170501_130230.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
Been a while since I took the binos up to Cupwith Res, but over the last couple of weeks I could hear a Sandpiper so was determined to see whether they were back. On Sunday evening there was a pair on the rocks in front of me, about ten yards away. Yesterday was a treat. Looks like the whole moorland reservoir gang were out. Sandpiper (only one this time) various Reed Buntings, the usual proliferation of Meadow Pippits, several Curlews, one of which landed on the shore opposite and looked to be taking a bath, a Pied Wagtail, several Mallard, (one pair and a couple of bored-looking drakes), a Canada. Saw/heard a few Red Grouse in the distance and had a fly-past from two more Curlews. I could hear a couple of Skylarks, but the bright sun and panorama background meant it was hard to find them against the sky. My patience was rewarded just as I was chatting to a couple of walkers, and sure enough, one started about 60 feet up, right above a line of grouse-butts.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Cracking sight this morning on today's ride. Some humongous bird of prey took off from the road side as I rode by and it flew along side me for a few seconds before going over the fields. I reckon it was a Buzzard.

midlife

Guru
What have I just seen patrolling the skies above my house?

View attachment 350616

Red Kite ?

Shaun

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Well that was a bit strange......

Cycling up a hill in the middle of nowhere a couple of miles out of Marple, Cheshire. Little country lane. Went around a corner and there was a Lesser Black Backed Gull standing in the middle of the road. I slowed down expecting it to fly off. But it didn't. I cycled around it, I look at it, it looked at me. I carried on, looked back and it was still just standing there in the middle of the lane watching me disappear

Top Bottom