Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Rob in the Manchester rain

IMG_0064[1] (2).jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Most people seem to be saying it's a mild spring so you're probably right about the greenery :smile:
The bluebells are in full song here. My probably faulty memory has the spring flowers as a bit more sequential, albeit with an overlap.
Out on a ride yesterday, I saw the whole lot in full flower somewhere or another.
Campion, daffodils, stitchwort, wood anemones, cowslips, bluebells, cardamine, celandine and maybe some I forgot!

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The bluebells are in full song here. My probably faulty memory has the spring flowers as a bit more sequential, albeit with an overlap.
Out on a ride yesterday, I saw the whole lot in full flower somewhere or another.
Campion, daffodils, stitchwort, wood anemones, cowslips, bluebells, cardamine, celandine and maybe some I forgot!

No campion here yet..... I've been looking for it.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 4764846, member: 9609"]Oil Beetle ? - soon to be extinct from the UK, intensive farming to blame i think[/QUOTE]
Yep, reckon you're correct.
It's a Black Oil Beetle.
Just been on the Bug Life website to confirm. :hello:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 4764867, member: 9609"]I was reading something in a wildlife magazine recently about them, I think their big problem is lack of habitat, they need wildflower meadows! Are you from the west country? as in devon exeter ?[/QUOTE]
North Devon.
We were wandering around Marwood Gardens just outside Barnstaple.

MikeG

Guru
North Devon.
We were wandering around Marwood Gardens just outside Barnstaple.

Well would you believe it. I spent much of my childhood in Prixford, the next village south. Did my cycling with a 3 speed bike.........which made Guineaford hill interesting, and crossing Exmoor quite tiring. I know (knew) Marwood Gardens very well.

Top Bottom