Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That bird is back and this time there are two. I first saw them this morning circling together and then one dived at the other one before they flew off in opposite directions.
This afternoon I saw one first and tracked it before going indoors to get my binoculars. My wife had kept an eye on it whilst I was indoors by which time it had flown back in the opposite direction and had met another bird. They circled around for a while before almost coming together liking talons and spiraling down, that was until a Crow decided to mob them, finally one of the birds got fed up and went into a stoop and plummeted vertically out of sight.
The birds were a similar size to that of the Crow so I'm wondering if they are male Peregrines.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A pair of siskin have been visiting the garden feeders these last couple of days. Very pleasing as they've been only very occasional visitors before and we can't recall ever seeing a pair before.

It's the time of the year. The only time I ever see siskins on the bird feeder (or redpolls for that matter) is March-May. Seems they happily survive on natural food sources through the winter and then come to the garden prior to departing to their breeding grounds. Great looking birds

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
That bird is back and this time there are two. I first saw them this morning circling together and then one dived at the other one before they flew off in opposite directions.
This afternoon I saw one first and tracked it before going indoors to get my binoculars. My wife had kept an eye on it whilst I was indoors by which time it had flown back in the opposite direction and had met another bird. They circled around for a while before almost coming together liking talons and spiraling down, that was until a Crow decided to mob them, finally one of the birds got fed up and went into a stoop and plummeted vertically out of sight.
The birds were a similar size to that of the Crow so I'm wondering if they are male Peregrines.
Buzzards ?
IMG_0233.PNG

gbb

Legendary Member
Quite certain although not definite...a nightingale on the edge of the fens near Flag Fen.

Light brown, smaller than a blackbird, distinctive grey throat/ neck, only saw it for maybe 5 seconds as I passed it flitting around in bushes. (the bird...not me :laugh:)

Last edited:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
A Goldfinch flew right in front of me while I was cycling up Dunmail Raise yesterday.

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
Last week's spots, whilst visiting my parents down near Exmoor, lots of primroses, an adder, and an excellent view of a cuckoo perched in a tree about 50 yards away for several mins while we watched it. And lots of red deer and ponies.

Top Bottom