Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw a bit of roadkill recently whilst travelling back from Llangollen to Chester. Anyone know what it is? It was around a foot long.

hu11n6.jpg
My first instinct was mink as well.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
My first instinct was mink as well.

Deffo mink. Keep it, skin it, it'd make a nice pair of glove linings

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
First cygnets of the season spotted this morning, 7 of the little things. Every year there seems to be one pair of swans in Abbey Park that have a huge brood (guessing it is the same pair as I'm pretty sure swans mate for life), normally only see a couple of cygnets per pair of swans.

Then spotted a pair of geese with 11 goslings, breed like rabbits do the geese around here.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
First cygnets of the season spotted this morning, 7 of the little things. Every year there seems to be one pair of swans in Abbey Park that have a huge brood (guessing it is the same pair as I'm pretty sure swans mate for life), normally only see a couple of cygnets per pair of swans.

Then spotted a pair of geese with 11 goslings, breed like rabbits do the geese around here.
Better than my ride..............I saw a dead beaver :sad:

Twinks

Über Member
Snake Pass is roadkill heaven

Today's carnage;

Rabbit x 1
Mountain Hare x 1
Pheasant x 1
Red Grouse x 2

The more flat pheasants I see the safer I feel. I had two of the stupid things come flying out at me from the bracken behind the safety barrier on the bends coming down there the other Saturday evening.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The more flat pheasants I see the safer I feel. I had two of the stupid things come flying out at me from the bracken behind the safety barrier on the bends coming down there the other Saturday evening.

Yes it seems certain birds have a particularly stupid way about them. Woodpigeons I find are quite similar, forever flying straight up at me. You never get a Jackdaw flying into you, they're clever

Twinks

Über Member
Yes it seems certain birds have a particularly stupid way about them. Woodpigeons I find are quite similar, forever flying straight up at me. You never get a Jackdaw flying into you, they're clever

Nope they just poop from above:laugh:

Top Bottom