£1000 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You were probably riding it upside down or something. Swapped my stem for a slightly shorter one but apart from that it's lovely and like being in a fighter plane, that you have to pedal.
I dont know what it was - maybe the compact frame just didnt suit me.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Few other obvious ones- Trek Domane 2.0 comes in at £1k and is full Tiagra, Cube Peloton Race is full 105, and the highly acclaimed Spec Allez Elite is £900 with full Tiagra, Cannondale Synapse6 Tiagra is £950 with mainly Tiagra bar a few bits.

Some things for you to chew on there. (and then let me know which to get as that's basically my shortlist.

Kies

Giant Defy 1 - comes with mainly 105 and wins top prize most years. Go ride them all and then decide

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My mistress.jpeg
I bought a Cinelli Experience Veloce 2013 a couple of weeks ago. I'm hopelessly smitten. If you hurry, you might get one in a size/colour that suits you from Wiggle or Spa Cycles before the end of year sales finish. I had Shimano 105 gearing on my triple before. The Campagnolo Veloce gearing on the compact is way better. The distance between the rear cage jockey wheels is only 55mm on the Campy, I think.

Here are a couple of links...
Wiggle
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cinelli-exp...erid=googwig&gclid=CP7mkvK0vbsCFbGWtAodpBoA1Q

Spa Cycles
http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s6p0

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy !!
Cube Peloton Race 2014 model (in white/blue/red) colour scheme - also available in black/red/white - £999 -alloy frame carbon fork - light weight great groupset - buying one myself on C2W jan/feb time.
Check out leisurelakesbikes.com - they do a great V.I.P deal - join £30 - get Muc off bike kit worth at least £30 then as V.I.P member 5% off bike & anything you buy over year - (try size 1st as people say frame size comes up a tad small) -
Giant defy 1 - part 105 group - wins best £1k bike every year - I had one 2nd hand - but think I got wrong size (seem to be larger than average) I am 6 ft 0' & had a Lrg - they now do a M/L which would have been better.
Boardmans are good bikes but maybe not quite as good as 2 suggested & may have to be on Halfords specific scheme.
Halfords mechanics are all 12 yr olds who shouldn't be entrusted with stickle bricks let alone spanners.
Hope this helps.
Merry BikeMass.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/synapse-disc-5-105-2014-road-bike-ec054416
The Synapse AL 105 Disc is a stunner for a grand. I too looked at Boardman and was thinking about a CX Team, but even though the bikes get rave reviews and are well specced, the big thing that lets them down is halfords. Too many guys are having to rebuild components or take the bikes back because brakes not aligned, gears not working, saddle and bars loose ....... It all depends on the experience of the fitter at store, because some are great at fitting wiper blades and batteries to your car, but know nothing about bikes.

Top Bottom