£1000 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
A lot of our £1k bike hunting is going to depend on where the OP is able to spend their money!
Mine was pretty restrictive to LBS that were on the scheme only, no online purchase, no halfords, narrowed it down a fair bit.
Also the Synapse AL 105 Disc is just over the 1k mark- so they may have problems topping up with cash depending on their employee/ scheme/ supplier.

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Still to speak to my company about the C2W scheme so nothing will happen until we are well into the new year anyway. Thanks guys for your feedback. ..a lot to think about.
I'm very well aware of Halfords shoddy build quality and the level of service some stores give you. Bought my bike from my local store earlier this year and honestly could have throttled the guy in there a few times it was that bad a service!!! ( so frustrating) If I bought another from there, ie the boardman I would get my LBS to check it over anyway.
Wasn't aware that Halfords can order other bikes in other than their own stock.
Cheers guys

I`m just about to go down the bike2work route and I know my employer participate`s as other colleagues have bikes through the scheme. I look at one bike and think, i`ll have that one, then I look at another and think, ooh, maybe that one lol.
Living just six miles from Edinburgh (despite my user-name!), I`m lucky enough to have a few shops that are in the scheme although i`ll probably go with the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative as I bought my MTB from them and I like their ethos.

Mind you, I`m very tempted by this - http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/cannondale-synapse-tiagra-14 but only so I can pinch ladies bottoms ;)

Any advice appreciated!

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
That looks nice @Sunny Portrush

I hate having to choose anything which is why I'm going to use up many, many hours reading reviews and going to look at bikes over the next few months.
I was (and still am) very interested in the boardman but I can't narrow it down too much yet until I know what shop my company go with I suppose.
Currently liking the bianchi, boardmans and the Giant TCR's

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
At the end of the day for 1k your not going to get a bad bike, just try what you can and see what feels the best for you and for the sort of riding you plan to do.

Peteaud

Veteran
I have the Cannondale Synapse 105 disc on order from the C2W scheme.

Although if my employer and said supplier ever pull their fingers out and get the bike to me i will be amazed. :cursing:

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
How would a cx measure up as an out and out roadie?
I would use the cx tyres now and again when I take my girl to our country park but predominantly it would be used for the road.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
How would a cx measure up as an out and out roadie?
I would use the cx tyres now and again when I take my girl to our country park but predominantly it would be used for the road.
You should be ok , might be slightly undergeared for full on riding but guys on CX machines can keep up on our medium paced club runs, depends on the front chain ring sizes.

Top Bottom