£1000 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pier

I just bought a Boardman team carbon 2014 And I'm very satisfied. To be honest I can (and I will) do all the maintenance and the upgrades, so for me it was to get the best spec'ed bike for the money. So far I cannot fault it.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
That looks nice @Sunny Portrush

I hate having to choose anything which is why I'm going to use up many, many hours reading reviews and going to look at bikes over the next few months.
I was (and still am) very interested in the boardman but I can't narrow it down too much yet until I know what shop my company go with I suppose.
Currently liking the bianchi, boardmans and the Giant TCR's
Giant only do TCR's in carbon & they start above a£1k (around £1200 I reckon).
Apart from a very limited edition aluminium TCR in 2013 that sold out rapidly & was immense in spec (1050 gram frame) - way lighter than some £3-£4k frames available.
Check it out if u can TCR SL (aluminium).
TCR's have a shorter head tube than the Defy & are more towards Pro geometry from the press reviews I've read, but you are probably aware of this anyway.
That said, the Defy range is very highly regarded.
My choice (which it isn't) is the Cube Peloton Race.
:thumbsup:

stevey

Guru
Taking ownership of a cube pelaton race next week. Couldn't find a better spec bike for under 1k new

Don't forget the pics and how it rides

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I just got a CAAD8 (2300 model) in the sales for a great price. For £1k you could build a 105 and Fulcrum 5 bike. Maybe even Ultegra. Mine now has Sram Force and Ksyriums. About 8 kg for the 61cm model.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I just got a CAAD8 (2300 model) in the sales for a great price. For £1k you could build a 105 and Fulcrum 5 bike. Maybe even Ultegra. Mine now has Sram Force and Ksyriums. About 8 kg for the 61cm model.
Thats a good weight for the spec mate.
The Cube Peloton is 8.6kg (I think) as standard & when I get mine I will strip it down & put on my own cockpit & wheel set - even though the standard Mavic Aksiums are good quality.
I did this with my current bike (Sintesi Z2 - Sram Force) which I am keeping.
Hope to get the Cube down to around 8.2kg which will be good for an aluminium 58' framed bike I reckon.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
1507067_10153714163120075_980053894_n.jpg

review below from saturday. did another 50 miles on her Sunday and was even more enjoyable when I was familiar with bike, and not in constant wind

Rode my cube today for first time.......what a bike. Gear change was super slick, handled the wet well, and despite heavy gusts, didn't get too twitchy in the worst of side winds. Was worried re comfort as seems to have hardly any spokes compared to my boardman, but has me chomping at the bit for the nice weather to hurry up and arrive

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
1507067_10153714163120075_980053894_n.jpg

review below from saturday. did another 50 miles on her Sunday and was even more enjoyable when I was familiar with bike, and not in constant wind

Rode my cube today for first time.......what a bike. Gear change was super slick, handled the wet well, and despite heavy gusts, didn't get too twitchy in the worst of side winds. Was worried re comfort as seems to have hardly any spokes compared to my boardman, but has me chomping at the bit for the nice weather to hurry up and arrive
Fair play that looks awesome !
Roll on spring so you can enjoy it even more.
Nice one

Top Bottom