£150 an hour for collecting waste paper!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
I thought that - I went from being Mister Grumpy to Mister Smiley as soon as I caught up with the cake money!

If any Easter eggs are bought, they will be after-Easter eggs when the shops are dumping the old stock at bargain prices.

Incidentally, I was in Sainsbury's in Halifax after my hospital appointment on Monday and a woman at the next checkout had the biggest haul of chocolate that I have ever seen. I am talking a full-sized trolley so crammed with Easter eggs and multi packs of Snickers etc. that it wouldn't all fit! The only thing that would make sense was that she was buying treats for a whole school, old folks' home or something like that. Or maybe she had given birth to 10 or 11 children who had supplied her with 10 or 11 grandchildren each ...? :whistle:

TVC buys eggs for his lads but that is it, we don't buy for each other, however we will get 1 each from work. No choice this year just Cadburys creme egg.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hi, I'm posting this in every thread in the forlorn hope that some kind soul might be able to help.

I dropped a £5 note in Hebden Bridge the other day...
On the hill or in the valley?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Colin, I've just come back from an Africa trip and in Zim somebody gave me a handful of these, completely unused, a few of which would have bought her a slice of fruit cake if she could have found anywhere selling cake:

Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

Lisa21

Mooching.............
If only a fiver would keep ME in cake for a week...
And, thinking about it, when I was in Hebden Bridge last there was a little coffee shop which sold THE MOST AMAZING chocolate caramel shortbread EVER. The fiver would be gone in about twelve bites.....

Top Bottom