£150 an hour for collecting waste paper!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
I mean who throws money away if its genuine.

A lot of people apparently. I was chatting to the folks who work at the local tip about exactly this subject last summer. They find surprisingly large sums of money get thrown away. The lady I was chatting to had found several hundred pounds on one occasion.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Fake!
I mean who throws money away if its genuine.
The man who has just won a million pounds on the lottery for the second time in 2 years (*spit*!) chucked away the first winning ticket because he thought he had only won £2.70 and couldn't be bothered to claim it! Fortunately for him, he had a change of heart, fished it back out of his bin, and took it to the shop.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Colin, I've just come back from an Africa trip and in Zim somebody gave me a handful of these, completely unused, a few of which would have bought her a slice of fruit cake if she could have found anywhere selling cake:

Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg
Blimey, if that is a genuine note then they have gone through a pretty impressive period of inflation! I reckon it could be them to revalue their currency ...

johnbrown

One blew past me a month ago, dived on it. Asked old lady at the fish stall if it was hers, as she was the only one close by "no it's not mine".
"I will have a pound of cod cheeks please", had to put to but all the same cheap day at the market!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Buy on Monday, they're all half price. :okay:

Yes I'm tight. :blush:
That's what I used to do as I didn't see my God-daughter & God-son until a good few days after Easter.

Top Bottom