£1k on a Pram

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yup, £1000 of sterling coins on a Pram.

When you have no money, no house etc.

Had a chat with my Sister in Law earlier and she mentioned her daughter and boyfriend had got a £1k pram for their kid (early 20's) whilst living at her house. This is the one with a Focus ST. So living off mum, who is struggling, and you have a Focus ST and a £1k pram.... good god. They didn't contribute either to the house costs.... or food....

My niece has just moved out to a 1 bed flat with boyfriend..

Who buys a £1k pram when you aren't loaded ????? I see this going bad.

Stephenite

Membå
That's how much things cost these days. They could have been smarter - bought a 500 nicker pram, and used the rest for other stuff. But they are in their early twenties!

Hey, i'm having kids in my late forties. I wish i had done it in my twenties. Good luck to them!

Stephenite

Membå
They are just kids themselves in their early twenties. And they are faced with THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!! A BABY!!! Help 'em out you tight wad!

Yup, £1000 of sterling coins on a Pram.

When you have no money, no house etc.

Had a chat with my Sister in Law earlier and she mentioned her daughter and boyfriend had got a £1k pram for their kid (early 20's) whilst living at her house. This is the one with a Focus ST. So living off mum, who is struggling, and you have a Focus ST and a £1k pram.... good god. They didn't contribute either to the house costs.... or food....

My niece has just moved out to a 1 bed flat with boyfriend..

Who buys a £1k pram when you aren't loaded ????? I see this going bad.

The kid's in his early 20's? Lazy sod should be walking by now.

Last edited:
You would be surprised how much travel systems cost. Mama and papas, quinny, silver cross and Maclaren all much the same but all branded items.

We got the mama and papa zoom travel system in the sale for about £400 and then the maxi cosi cabriofix seat (safest in market at the time) for a further £100ish. We also bought an easyfix base for the car again for about £100.

Don't get me started on I size car seats and isofix bases for the next model up! Its new to the UK but common in Europe so these cost as much as the pram but it does take you up to 4years old rear facing which is when the spine is strong enough to resist an impact from a crash

Being a proud dad with the first born, I got a papoose, so I could walk round looking at her. Cheap as chips it was.

After a good walk, I came home and unclipped both the straps at my side, to watch the nipper free fall down to the concrete floor.:blush:

These things should come with better instructions. I reckon the papoose should too.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
thudguard.jpeg
Parents of newborns are highly susceptible to the advertising of products that pander to a fear of their baby's safety. I was.
It's a bit wicked really. We've been dropped on the rocky floor of caves for thousands of years, long before they came up with the Thudguard.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
When i was a little ankle biter - Our prams used to be some decade old tarpaulin over a metal frame, with wheels that was handed down by friends to other friends then from friends to family to other friends or family and so on. I doubt the pram was even worth £20 at all by the time it got passed down onto us.

Not to forget the see-thru plastic rain cover that would make us kids hyperventilate while we were riding in the pram. I might be 30 but i still remember this useless sh!t....

Crandoggler

To be fair, you'd expect £500+ for a decent Pram and car seat. Shame, if he was on benefits he would have gotten a £500 bonus to pay for it... The country we live in hey!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My mum was telling me that those old prams (1930's), had wooden boards in them which you moved around depending on the age of the child, she was telling a story of how the children didn't go to her grandmothers funeral. She recalled they were running with the pram when her two year old sister was catapulted out onto a farm track. At that age apparently one board was removed so the child could pop their feet down into the well of the pram.

Prams I recon are over rated, I did use mine quite a bit but only really in the first 6 months, and then I moved to a buggy which was far more useful.

Top Bottom