£1k on a Pram

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Dont forget the must have designer clothing..a pram is just a pram unless baby matches mum in full Burberry attire..
probabley best if this goes in the poverty thread..for a more balanced response:okay:

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Remember when those three-wheeler pushchairs were all the rage a few years ago? My brother and his wife insisted on buying one, and then found it wouldn't fit in the car ... :rolleyes:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We bought an expensive buggy pram system for kid 1, but only a mid range one, about £500.
By the time kid 2 came along we just used a cheapo buggy, so much smaller easier and less hassle.

I agree with the OP point is that when you have no money and live with parents etc then it is not very responsible to spend cash you dont have on over priced stuff. And being a parent should have made them more responsible.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'll raise you £450.
balmoralpink.jpg

The Pramcentre even do a price match if you can find it at under £1450.

AndyRM

XOXO
Fortunately MrsRM and I are big believers in reusing and recycling, and are lucky to have friends offloading baby paraphernalia. The cost of some things is eye watering, but if you're sensible and practical you don't have to break the bank - there's a massive second hand market out there.

Stevec047

Über Member
Take it from me having 2 young boys under the age of 4 that a pram with all of the needed accessories such as a car seat, new born additions etc costs a lot. We spent £700 on what as a middle of the road set up with Isofix base for the car. The cheaper options are still around the £400 mark but will start to fall to pieces.

Being honest I am glad we went for the option we did as it served two boys very well and the resale value is still good we ended up getting £400 just for the pram as we were still using the car seat and Isofix base.

Svendo

Guru
Mrs Svendo managed to get us a fully kitted out Phil&Teds Vibe. alloy frame, 10" pneumatic 3wheeler, off a local baby stuff Facebook group for £120. It's nearly new and seems hardly used. I reckon with all the foot warmers rain covers, baby basket and second seat it was £6-700 new. We only had to spend an extra £15 on getting a back flap from manufacturers website.
Just saying like ;-)

Mrs Svendo managed to get us a fully kitted out Phil&Teds Vibe. alloy frame, 10" pneumatic 3wheeler, off a local baby stuff Facebook group for £120. It's nearly new and seems hardly used. I reckon with all the foot warmers rain covers, baby basket and second seat it was £6-700 new. We only had to spend an extra £15 on getting a back flap from manufacturers website.
Just saying like ;-)

Did similar, we got a (second hand, obviously) buggy off a friend and gave them some stuff in return. It's easy to buy into all the brand stuff though and lots of people do.

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm hoping Quinny/Bugaboo become collectors prams in future.

Why else would my wife insist we keep them?

I have a number of trikes with disc brakes

On none of these have I felt the need for a Hope hydraulic system with 4 calipers

Yet there is a pram n Fareham with a set on front wheel

U

User482

Yup, £1000 of sterling coins on a Pram.

Who buys a £1k pram when you aren't loaded ????? I see this going bad.

You see it quite a lot, I think it's because a lot of mothers in difficult circumstances feel that they're being judged (and they're probably right), and that a fancy pram or smart clothes are a way of showing that they're doing the right thing for their baby.

KneesUp

Guru
I'll raise you £450.
balmoralpink.jpg

The Pramcentre even do a price match if you can find it at under £1450.
That's an heirloom. My brother and I were pushed about in one, and my cousins kids and my kid were pushed about in the same one. It's a shame they've felt the need to give it a gendered colour scheme these days.Incidentally they don't fold at all, so you need a huge car of you're using it for anythin other than go in within walking distance of home.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Tsk.... you plebs really don't understand do you? The Silver Cross Kensington is for perambulating along Sloane Street. Obviously the travel system would also be by Silver Cross but would be a modern, "with it" modular system designed to clip into the ISOFix seat in the Rangie then pop out and attach to the stroller base for those trips to Selfridges and John Lewis.

Top Bottom