£1k on a Pram

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'll raise you £450.
balmoralpink.jpg

The Pramcentre even do a price match if you can find it at under £1450.
Small change compared to the cost of a Norland Nanny to push the thing.

BTW, it's not a "pram", it's a baby carriage.

Sara_H

Guru
13 years ago, but the first pram I got was a right whopper, travel system with pneumatic wheels. Didn't cost as much as £1000 but it was a bit of an extravagance.

When son was 8 months old we moved house and the bus service to my new house had old fashioned buses that you (gasp) had to fold pram up to get on to. Could not get on bus with my massive luxury pram!

Bought a cheapo pram for about £50 from Mothercare, it was fab! Never used the other one again.

It broke one day while I was out shopping in the city centre my son was a toddler by this time, I went to mother care and bought an even cheaper stroller for a tenner in the sale. A few weeks later son decided he was too grown up for a pushchair and started refusing to go in it, so I sold it for £20!

Last edited:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Errmmm... we "made do" with a £50 papoose.....baba was so much closer to us all the time...it's so much harder to cuddle when they're in a pram! (OK, my Geordie blokieness is in such tatters that I now have to admit I cuddled my son at every possible opportuinty, and even now when he's 12 years old I still do, just to embarrass him, but also to prove a point...love my son to bits and beyond)

Julia9054

Guru
Being a proud dad with the first born, I got a papoose, so I could walk round looking at her. Cheap as chips it was.

After a good walk, I came home and unclipped both the straps at my side, to watch the nipper free fall down to the concrete floor.:blush:

These things should come with better instructions. I reckon the papoose should too.
We had one of those backpack carriers and as son number 1 never weighed very much (still doesn't ) he was in it until he was quite old. We went on holiday to Belgium and, during a trip round some WW1 trenches, my husband managed to nearly scalp him by hitting his head on a concrete lintel. Oops!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Being a proud dad with the first born, I got a papoose, so I could walk round looking at her. Cheap as chips it was.

After a good walk, I came home and unclipped both the straps at my side, to watch the nipper free fall down to the concrete floor.:blush:

These things should come with better instructions. I reckon the papoose should too.
My sling thingy was made from a donkey brown corduroy fabric. I should have got some Dr Scholl wooden sandals to complete the full "right-on" look.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My aged friend, Miss Wilkinson,
Whose mother was a Lambe,
Saw Wordsworth once, and Coleridge too,
One morning in her pram.
(This was a three-wheeled vehicle
Of Iron and of wood;
It had a leather apron,
But it hadn't any hood.)
Bird-like the bards stooped over her
Like fledgling in a nest;