£200 wheel budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Yeah or join in after 10 pages with nothing constructive to say :shy:

Okeydokey

Your colour matching certainly makes a difference to the appearance of the bike. I suspect you will enjoy them.

Edit: Tyop :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Sorry but if you change wheels and dont notice a difference between two sets your either not spending enough time on the bike or not taking enough notice of it. Its pretty easy to feel, see the difference between two seperate sets of wheels. My planet x's arent good on the climbs but they glide forever on the flat, the scirroccos were great on the climbs but not as good on the flat, hence why people have more than one set.

Citius

Sorry but if you change wheels and dont notice a difference between two sets your either not spending enough time on the bike or not taking enough notice of it. Its pretty easy to feel, see the difference between two seperate sets of wheels. My planet x's arent good on the climbs but they glide forever on the flat, the scirroccos were great on the climbs but not as good on the flat, hence why people have more than one set.

I don't think anyone is arguing that there's no difference between two sets of wheels (assuming the two sets of wheels are indeed different). The difference is relative though, depending on which 'two sets of wheels' are in question. My own opinion is that for two relatively closely matched sets of wheels (like you might get from swapping a stock pair for a pair which cost £200), the difference is less to do with 'experience' and more to do with 'post purchase justification'.

Obviously I don't expect you to agree with that.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Personally i think even within the same price point wheels have their noticable dofferences, but experiences vary person to person depending on their bike, where they ride, riding style, weight ect

vickster

Legendary Member
What to carry one over each shoulder whilst riding to change en route depending on the terrain? :tongue:

Top Bottom