£200 wheel budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
moving down from ksyrium elites im after something for £200 or less, i want the stiffest wheel possible, and 30mm + would be great. Anyone know if the campag scirrocco £160 is any good? Does the g3 spoke pattern really prevent some sideways flex?

huwsparky

Über Member
Ultegra 6800 available for £225 from wiggle? I realise it's over budget but may be worth the extra coin.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Looked at ultegra I think wiggle were out of stock could possibly go that high they do have. Slow apoke count though and I'm 15 stone

andyfraser

Über Member
Those Sciroccos do look very tempting. Given that I'm a little on the heavier side they look like they'd fold in half as soon as I sat on the bike!

Those Sciroccos do look very tempting. Given that I'm a little on the heavier side they look like they'd fold in half as soon as I sat on the bike!

as said I'm 15 stone and done over 800 miles on them commutes and a couple longer rides including a 200km Audax and they are still true with no sign of folding in half.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm quite happy with my Fulcrum 5s, have on two bikes. I'm also a 15 stone lump :sad: and ride on really rubbish road surfaces, no issues. Bit of a bargain at £160, leave money for some good tyres :smile:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CKvC6crzosUCFevItAodhFAAsQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
image.jpg
Interesting @Justinslow looking at custom options there as i dont like the silver rims they seem light for the price
Mine are red, they do black aswell.

Top Bottom