£200 wheel budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Add an extra £50 and get yourself some zondas and never look back

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Add an extra £50 and get yourself some zondas and never look back
Like everyone else, dare to be different?

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Dont like the zondas, its a toss up between,
the scirroccos 35mm £158 on sale at ribble
Ultegra 6800 £250 ish
Or some superstar ones (wish they had more images of their rims built up)

Will the ultegras really be worth £100 more though im thinking no...

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
As for superstar
200 for 30mm rims
260 for 38mm. £60 difference!!!
Really want the 38 tbh

Also im thinking silver hubs will look better than black with silver spokes, what do you lot think? Kind of a zipp vibe.

Anyone else rode superstar? Stifness is key for me.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Too shallow for my liking (i know i still like the look of the ultegra though) i know it should be about performance but i want my bike to look moce to i actually want to go out and ride it and show it off. They are also over £100 more than the scirroccos

Citius

Just buy some fake Chinese Zipps, like this guy - I wouldn't have thought they'd be much more than £200-300.

Cube%20GTC%20and%20Zipp%20606s_zps6rlasjg3.jpg
My Cube GTC Race 2012 With A new Set Off Zipp 606's....

I've got a pair of these on my Ribble

They look good, roll very well indeed, handle the rough roads & potholes excellently, have nice shiney spokes to reflect headlights at night

I bought mine from Planet X, at the Worsbrough store, where they were £149.95 (December), sadly they're out of stock at 'X' at the moment, so not on website (unless they still have pairs in store there??)
Had to use the link, from Evans instead (note original price!);

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/vision/team30-wheelset-ec060711?country=GB&currency=GBP&source=criteo&medium=display&utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=Facebook

Rides. Squires. 1.JPG ,

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I woulnt get fakes they all just look cheap and tacky, id go with a plain carbon chinese wheel though aslong as it had an alloy brake surface. Dont think i couod spend a few weeks off the bike waiting on them though as ive a race in june i need to pick up the training for

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I had rs11's previously and i made them flop about alot at the back i tend to sprint out of the saddle alot snd climb 20 percent gradients out of the saddle everyweekend so i need a wheel thats very rigid, thats why im thinking maybe a superstar handbuilt.

gmw492

Veteran
I posted similar thread I was looking at the Fulcrum Quattros for £190 ish but have been swayed by the similar Campag Scirocco wheel set for £160 ish

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
How tacky showing someone elses bike and saying get the same fake wheels.......cheap shot

Citius

How tacky showing someone elses bike and saying get the same fake wheels.......cheap shot

So are you saying they're not fakes then? Please clarify, what's the issue with using a pic which is already posted elsewhere on the forum?

Last edited:
Top Bottom