£25 for a gear service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Chain's slipping in any gear, worried I'll chew the sprocket so booked it into On Your Bike- the shop's been revamped and re-laid out so they cunningly make you walk the length of the shop to get to the service counter, past amazing tourers and an intriguing bar bag plastic rigid frame system, discounted claothes and light fittings (I need a cheap LED for the backpack after the clocks go back this wknd. £6.99. Job's a good 'un).

Their full service is £55 which I think is taking the pee a bit. Ok, the staff's on £6 an hour and the overheads of a large SE1 shop must be large but that seems...steep.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Not something you could do yourself?

gbb

Legendary Member
But what exactly did they do for the £55 ?

Cassette, chain, chainrings ?....any or all of them..or none ????

OP
OP
S

spindrift

£55 is the delux service- a full on check over. I have mixed feelings about that place- Daycocks on Bethnal Green Road do a £25 full service and I like the chirpy cockney types in there more than the staff in On Your Bike because some of them are filthy colonials, and I got some attitude of a girl who excalimed at how dirty my bike was- I do fifteen miles a day and ride the tow path you cheeky madam.

I think OYB is more for couriers and wealthy city types on their Williers.

spindrift said:
Chain's slipping in any gear, worried I'll chew the sprocket so booked it into On Your Bike- the shop's been revamped and re-laid out so they cunningly make you walk the length of the shop to get to the service counter, past amazing tourers and an intriguing bar bag plastic rigid frame system, discounted claothes and light fittings (I need a cheap LED for the backpack after the clocks go back this wknd. £6.99. Job's a good 'un).

Their full service is £55 which I think is taking the pee a bit. Ok, the staff's on £6 an hour and the overheads of a large SE1 shop must be large but that seems...steep.

Youve already chewed the sprocket.

Used to really piss me off when people whinged about the cost of servicing. Especially people who dont have the good manners to clean the damn thing before they bring it in. No-one is making a fortune servicing bikes in this country, learn to do it yourself or quit your moaning.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
spindrift said:
that seems...steep.

Could have got a copy of 'zinn' for that

OP
OP
S

spindrift

£25, plus they charged £3 for a cable tie for the Airzound, the bottom gears still slip, I couldn't hit top speed all the way home. Bike's 6 months old.

Top Bottom